• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Applying for the Infantry

• Thread starter Thread starter The Young One
  • Start date Start date
T

The Young One

Hello, I have just handed my application form in at the Recruiting Centre. To any Infantry Men, can I get any advice from you guys regarding my application from this point on. I am already aware of the strict requirement on the 2.4 km. I would just like to know what to expect and what some of you guys found very difficult during Basic Training and Battle School...Thank You Guys and Looking Forward To Becoming One Of The Unique Few....

you just handed in your application eh? well dont worry..you will be waiting a LONG time...haveyou ever headrd the military‘s unofffical logo? "hurry up and wait"...so buddy you will be doing alot fo waiting..but sorry i cant tell you ne thing about the basic or any of that..i handed in my application in september, and im still waiting..should be in by he end of febuary hopefully..but what i ahev heard and talked to soldiers about..it isnt too bad...make sure you can do atleast the basic requirments for the PT and what not..like 19 situps/pushups..and the KG squeeze..its nothign hard..but after that..dont rush and be excited to get in..you could probably wait a few months before you start working out and runnign and stuff and still be fine in basic trainging..bt do some running now to make sure you wont have any problems running a far distance and what not... ne ways... peace
P.s. i forgot..but if you would have searched around in the recruiting faq, and recruiting section you probably could have got your anwsers there..

would just like to know what to expect and what some of you guys found very difficult during Basic Training and Battle School...Thank You Guys and Looking Forward To Becoming One Of The Unique Few....
Look around this site...otherwise wait and see. In a year you can come back and tell us what YOU found very difficult during Basic Training and Battle School.

MacAulay, how is it that you are not in the army ,yet you are a Pte.(R) ?

Sorry aquilus..i guess im jumping the gun really excited...im...lol "alomst"..but i guess that almost only counts in horseshoes and gernades right? lol sorry

Well maybe this should get back on topic.

Yes, it does take a long time but that should only be if you did one of the following
-Messed up paperwork
-Failed a test
-Or you have sophisticated medical ( I had asthma and braces...arg)
-Or they held up you file in which case you should immediatley contact a local CFRC office.

Other than that you might wanna make sure you can do at least 25 pushups and situps, and exercise chinups for grip also run 5km everyother day to ensure you will pass the PT. As far as your CFAT goes just make sure you get some good sleep and are not in a bad mental condition. For you medical ..im sorry but just pray to god they dont find somethin...and for your interview just make sure you know what your getting into and if your a student like me be ready to backup marks and future plans. All this stuff in the end will be worth it...trust me. Oh yah and one last thing DO NOT LIE ABOUT ANYTHING it could lead to serious punishements.
-Pte. Syed :fifty:

I would just like to know what to expect and what some of you guys found very difficult during Basic Training and Battle School...
You sort of need to differentiate between "rough" and "difficult". Doing sleep deprivation in the field portion of the SQ was rough, but not really that difficult. It was just something you had to gut out. Nothing was ever rocket science. Its sort of like if you‘ve ever skipped a meal. There‘s nothing really difficult about being hungry, right? Its just uncomfortable.

USMAN, did your medical come back ok with the asthma and braces or what?

Well to tell you the truth im actually also not officially in yet (Guess im jumpin the gun too lol sorry if i meant offence i have not earned that rank yet) , and No my Ive waited 4 weeks since last test and no reply this tuesday ill start haunting the CFRC in mississuaga hey anyone joining Toronto Scottish?

Originally posted by The Young One:
[qb] Hello, I have just handed my application form in at the Recruiting Centre. To any Infantry Men, can I get any advice from you guys regarding my application from this point on. I am already aware of the strict requirement on the 2.4 km. I would just like to know what to expect and what some of you guys found very difficult during Basic Training and Battle School...Thank You Guys and Looking Forward To Becoming One Of The Unique Few.... [/qb]

Originally posted by The Young One:
[qb] Hello, I have just handed my application form in at the Recruiting Centre. To any Infantry Men, can I get any advice from you guys regarding my application from this point on. I am already aware of the strict requirement on the 2.4 km. I would just like to know what to expect and what some of you guys found very difficult during Basic Training and Battle School...Thank You Guys and Looking Forward To Becoming One Of The Unique Few.... [/qb]
Dont volunteer for anything, keep your eye‘s and ear‘s open, and keep your mouth shut. You will get by real fine!!

"First in, Last Out" :gunner:

Dont volunteer for anything, keep your eye‘s and ear‘s open, and keep your mouth shut. You will get by real fine
exactly keep ur ears open and listen, you‘ll learn alot more.

and hopefully they dont loose any of your paper work, i had to do the medical twice because of it :(

Hmmm ...

Oh yah and one last thing DO NOT LIE ABOUT ANYTHING it could lead to serious punishements.
-Pte. Syed
Hmmm ... (based on your own advice, you probably should consider correcting your profile ... right now)

I had to do my physical twice, apparently the first one expired, lol.

I've just started paperwork for this. I've never had a real job before since I work for my dad's drainage company and wondering to if the reference letters are that important. The only things I have our my electronics common core and gunsmithing but no one to vouch for me that I'm not related to. Any problems with this if I can't come up with it? Or should I use relatives with different family names?  :-\

In my experience, these aren't former job references (The Army was my first job!!!)  Use friends, etc, who can vouch for your character, not your life experiences.

WO :cdn:

Back