• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Applying through ROTP and DEO at the same time?

OblivionKnight

Inactive
Reaction score
Is it possible to apply to different occupations through ROTP and DEO at the same time? I originally applied to Nursing Officer via ROTP, but I'm starting to think that my chances might be slim since there are very few spots nationwide. If it is possible, can you please tell me when there will be an opening for Artillery Officer, Armoured Officer, and ACSO?

Thank you

OblivionKnight said:
Is it possible to apply to different occupations through ROTP and DEO at the same time? I originally applied to Nursing Officer via ROTP, but I'm starting to think that my chances might be slim since there are very few spots nationwide. If it is possible, can you please tell me when there will be an opening for Artillery Officer, Armoured Officer, and ACSO?

Thank you

You can only apply to ONE type entry plan at one time.

To your second question are you asking about ROTP or DEO? Also, are you aware DEO requires you to already have your degree..or at least be in Senior Year?

For my second question, it was regarding DEO.

I already have a bachelor's degree in science, but I considered going for a nursing degree through ROTP.

OblivionKnight said:
For my second question, it was regarding DEO.

I already have a bachelor's degree in science, but I considered going for a nursing degree through ROTP.
Okay thank you for clarifying that.
I personally do not have those extra details. I do know that the new FY starts in April. I am sure someone with an idea will chime in but I would call your CFRC and ask them. Also, if you really want to get ROTP for Nursing I would NOT give up on it due to numbers. Numbers are just a statistic to scare away people. :)

If you do want to change to DEO you could also do so after selections for this year's ROTP if you were not to be selected.

I guess you're right. I'll see whether I'm selected for ROTP, otherwise I'll try as DEO one last time and if that doesn't work out, maybe choose another career  :salute:
Based on the feedback that I've received from my CFRC (Toronto), it may just end up being the lattermost...

I looked into it and although some trades seem very exciting, I don't think I would be truly happy as an NCM since being an Officer is something I've always desired.

Fair enough. Well I wish you the best of luck! :)  :salute:

Back