• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

April 28th BMQ

Jayrickson

Inactive
Reaction score
Any other readers going to be there?

Accepted for AVS Tech.

I was kind of hoping to become at least a little familiar with someone before heading out.
Here's an incentive: I can put a mirror shine on your boots in 15 minutes.

Although I'm not going on the 28th, if I was, what would be the odds of actually meeting? I've never really understood these threads. It's a good way to meet new friends but how would we all meet? Would we be in the same platoon or... I don't know?

Just wondering, I just wanted to know the method of it.

Sharp said:
Although I'm not going on the 28th, if I was, what would be the odds of actually meeting? I've never really understood these threads. It's a good way to meet new friends but how would we all meet? Would we be in the same platoon or... I don't know?

Just wondering, I just wanted to know the method of it.

The purpose of it is just to chat with fellow BMQ-mates, not necessarily meet.

If you're on the same course, obviously you'll meet there.. Maybe at the airport or train station if you're in the same area.
Or you could just PM people and ask to meet up... I guess?

There could be people coming to this course from BC, Yukon, etc. so the chances of meeting them in person prior to training is obviously minimal.

How do you meet people in school who are not in your class or Grade?  In the cafeteria?

You can likely do the same at BMQ in the cafeteria.....or after hours......on weekends......

Recruiting Center: London ON
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: AVS
Trade Choice 3: Air weapon systems
Application Date: Oct 2013
First Contact: Nov 05 2013
Aptitude Test: Nov 19 2013
Interview: Jan 29 2014
Medical: Jan 29 2014
Merit listed: Feb 24 2014
Position Offered: AVS Tech - Mar 10 2014
Enrollment/Swear in: Mar 26 2014
BMQ Begins: Apr 28 2014

word to all start working out now, fail the PT test and its a trip home if you fail the retest 2 days later

I have my medical and interview on March 31. Hopefully Im selected to this BMQ, or one soon. The waiting is killing me. Congrats to those selected so far. :salute:

Recruiting Center: Kingston
Trade Choice 1: ACISS
Trade Choice 2: Comm Research Operator
Application Date: November 22 2013
First Contact: November 26 2013
Aptitude Test: December 9 2013
Interview: February 6 2014
Medical: February 6 2014
Position Offered: March 10 2014, ACISS
Swearing In: March 27 2014
Basic Training Begins: April 28 2014

Hello all,
Marinemech is absolutely correct!!! Get your PT in now it will be easy for you on day 3 when PT staff get a hold of you!!! Oh, and all of your instructors watching you!!!!

Daddycool

Daddycool said:
Hello all,
Marinemech is absolutely correct!!! Get your PT in now it will be easy for you on day 3 when PT staff get a hold of you!!! Oh, and all of your instructors watching you!!!!

Daddycool

Haha.
No pressure, right!?

No pressure!!!! On another note start practicing your 45's on the corners of your bed. Just some insight!
Daddycool

Hey jayrickson I was just wondering what trade you ended up getting offered? And congratulations good luck on your bmq.

JJohnson

See you guys there!

Recruiting Center: Hamilton, ON
Trade Choice 1: Medical Technician
Application Date: Oct 2012
First Contact: Oct 2012
Aptitude Test: April 30th 2013
Interview: June 16th 2013
Medical: June 16th 2013
Merit listed: Feb 2nd 2014
Position Offered: Med Tech March 10th 2014
Enrollment/Swear in: Mar 31st 2014
BMQ Begins: Apr 28 2014

another pearl plan to be on the 10-12th floor and the 3rd floor is a double floor

jjohnson said:
Hey jayrickson I was just wondering what trade you ended up getting offered? And congratulations good luck on your bmq.

JJohnson

AVS, it's in both my sig and the original note.
Thank you for your kind words.

Congrats to all who made the April 28th BMQ. I'll hopefully see you all there. Is it true that the forces will kick you out if you fail the PT test? I thought they put you into a special platoon. Did they get rid of warrior platoon?

On a side note hopefully me and the OP will be in the same class. I've never been great at shining shoes. In fact my Air cadet sergeant always yelled at me that my shoes weren't shiny enough. LOL

Zero501 said:
Congrats to all who made the April 28th BMQ. I'll hopefully see you all there. Is it true that the forces will kick you out if you fail the PT test? I thought they put you into a special platoon. Did they get rid of warrior platoon?

On a side note hopefully me and the OP will be in the same class. I've never been great at shining shoes. In fact my Air cadet sergeant always yelled at me that my shoes weren't shiny enough. LOL

:nod:

If you do not meet the standard of one or more of the three items, you will join a specialized fitness training program that is also offered at the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School (CFLRS). The program integrates overall health coaching, diet and a rigorous personalized fitness program that lasts a minimum of 28 calendar days and a maximum of 90 calendar days. From the moment you achieve the standard after the 28-day period, you are reintegrated onto a BMQ/BMOQ course. If unsuccessful at the end of 90 calendar days, you will be released from the CAF

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school-basic-training.page

Cosmo said:
:nod:

If you do not meet the standard of one or more of the three items, you will join a specialized fitness training program that is also offered at the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School (CFLRS). The program integrates overall health coaching, diet and a rigorous personalized fitness program that lasts a minimum of 28 calendar days and a maximum of 90 calendar days. From the moment you achieve the standard after the 28-day period, you are reintegrated onto a BMQ/BMOQ course. If unsuccessful at the end of 90 calendar days, you will be released from the CAF

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school-basic-training.page

During your fitness training (as part of the 28-90 days) do they regularly give you the PT test to see if you can pass it or do you just ask to take the test again when you think you're ready?

Back