• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

APRIL FOOLS 2011: Winding my involvement with Army.ca

Thanks to everyone who had kind words... I appreciate it! Almost made me feel bad about this year's choice for an April Fools joke. Almost. ;)

The sad truth is that I'm here indefinitely. Whether it's more like Dictator for Life or indentured servitude I'm not quite sure.

What I found odd though: It was way too easy to write that note. :)

Cheers and thanks
Mike

Mike Bobbitt said:
Thanks to everyone who had kind words... I appreciate it! Almost made me feel bad about this year's choice for an April Fools joke. Almost. ;)

Nice ninja delete on my post!  ;D

...I still liked "Plan B" better. 

Alas, maybe next year....  >:D

I was pretty sure it wasn't happening, but I'm glad to now KNOW it isn't the case.

Welcome back (kind of), Mike!

g2g yeah there were a few other, probably better options, but as is normally the case, I ran out of time to do anything too fantastic. Let's see what next year brings. :)

Mike Bobbitt said:

The sad truth is that I'm here indefinitely. Whether it's more like Dictator for Life or indentured servitude I'm not quite sure.

What I found odd though: It was way too easy to write that note. :)

Cheers and thanks
Mike

Carefull Mike or the peasants might revolt...... ;D

Well now Mike, given that you've now shown your true colours, I'll just have to retract this this statement altogether then >:D

ballz said:
Thanks for everything Mike, what you've created here and the time you've put into it says a lot of great things about you. You've sacrificed a lot and put yourself out on a limb for all of us, most of whom you've never met, just to give us a place of our own on the net. Again, thanks.

:salute:

Good joke and well played ya arsehole. ;D

NFLD Sapper said:
Carefull Mike or the peasants might revolt...... ;D
As if they're not revolting enough, right?  ;D

Hammer Sandwich said:
YOU'RE A BAD, BAD MAN! :tsktsk:

I knew it !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN29X2HCKpU&NR=1
Bad Man Montage - Babu from Seinfeld

Here's another approach you could have taken, Mike  ;D
I’m excited, and a bit sad, to announce the sale of Zen Habits to AOL.com.

Excited, because this is a new phase in the life of Zen Habits. With the financial backing of this media giant, we will finally be able to compete on a level playing ground with TechCrunch, Gizmodo and CNN.com. We’ll be hiring a team of recently unemployed journalists who are hungry and ready to take this blog to the next level.

That’s the good news. The part that leaves me a bit sad is that I’ll personally be transitioning out of the site over the next few days. The management at AOL has decided to hire an actual Zen Master and former CEO of the Zen media player to run this site, and I’m contractually obligated to show him my daily routine, especially my secret ad-selling formula.

Readers will be happy to know, though, that I will be taking the $25 million and investing it in a very large house in the southern coast of France, where I will be meditating most of the day with the help of margaritas and a new massive home theater.

Thank you all.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Didn't want to give it away too early. :)

and that is why I gave MilPoints instead of posting my thoughts.  ;)

Rather than start a new thread, I received the following from a friend. It is a spectacular bit of creative writing.

This was a particularly bad moment, in Canada’s history, only months after the formation of NORAD. The Air Force Association expresses its gratitude to Vintage Wings for reminding us of those terrible days when diplomacy had been thrown off the roof along with the kitchen sink, by a government more interested in penny-pinching than defending its own citizens.

Sincerely,

*Description: finflag-graphic-small[Converted]*

*Dave Black*

*Executive Dyrector | Dyrecteur exécutif*

*Publisher /Airfarce /Magazine | Éditeur revue /Airfarce/*

*Air Farce Association of Canada | l'Association des Farces aériennes du Canada*

*PO Box 2460 Stn "D"*

*Ottawa, Kansas K1P 5W8*

*or*

*222 Somerset St. W, Suite 4000000000*

*Ottawa, Ontario K2P 2G3*

*ph: 613.232.4281; toll-free: 866.351.2322; BlackBerry: 613.612.7223; fax: 613.232.2156*

Ladies and Gentlemen Aviators

This week marks 50 years since Canada and the United Stated were locked in a showdown over a Canadian purchase of Soviet-built MiG-21 fighters. The long-standing friendship was at the breaking point and anti-Canadian sentiment permeated American society. We've come a long way since those dark days, but it is worth re-examining the events of those months long ago to learn how to live together in continued in the future.

Follow this link to learn more: http://www.vintagewings.ca/Home/tabid/40/language/en-CA/Default.aspx

If you wish to be added to or removed from our lists, let us know
Dave O'Malley, Vintage Wings of Canada

Haggis said:
What?? That never happened????

It never happened; it was the April Fools thread a couple of years ago when I was a mod though ... IIRC, the reasoning behind my 'ban' was my "continuously using my mod-powers without authority to modify Army.ca User profiles ..." or something like that.

;D

ArmyVern said:
It never happened; it was the April Fools thread a couple of years ago when I was a mod though ... IIRC, the reasoning behind my 'ban' was my "continuously using my mod-powers without authority to modify Army.ca User profiles ..." or something like that.

;D

And breaking the photo gallery............

;D

:whiteflag:

Old Sweat said:
Rather than start a new thread, I received the following from a friend. It is a spectacular bit of creative writing.
Follow this link to learn more: http://www.vintagewings.ca/Home/tabid/40/language/en-CA/Default.aspx

If you wish to be added to or removed from our lists, let us know
Dave O'Malley, Vintage Wings of Canada

And some very creative photoshopping, too; great piece of work.

Back