• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aptitude test!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CDN Aviator said:
Hey, i passed the CFAT......twice !!!

Me too!! *pats self on back*

Brian, all joking aside, it would seem you did not heed the instructions for doing the test which tells you not to spend too much time on any question as it is a timed test.  Just doing the "complicated" questions is not going to earn you extra points.  If you do a search and study some of the on-line links to similar tests, you should be fine.  IMHO, there is no "studying" for an aptitude test.  It's what you know, off the top of your head.  I didn't study for either of mine.  That's like studying for a urine test.  ;)

I agree, bt I can't seem to find any "similar" tests unfortunatly.

When it came to the linguistics and basic "logic" questions,they were a brease for me, but the math I tried to slow down and do my best. The spatial I did take a bit too much time aswell.

Don't get me wrong,I "passed" the test, but not with the recommended score for my trade ( that was the mist of what I was told) I was told that once I get over this hurdle the rest shouldn't be too difficult ( for someone like myself who is comfortable with a social event, such as an interview, and having years of athletic experience is apparently appealling to the recruiters).

BrianBB said:
I see where you're comming from, but having people trying to question my intelligence or abilities because I failed an apititude test puts me in a position where I need to somewhat highlight their misconsception.

Nobody is "questioning your intelligence or abilities" simply because you have failed the CFAT. I believe that I should highlight YOUR misconception about how everyone around you is (apparently) questioning your intelligence and abilities.

The CFAT is merely just one of many, MANY hoops you must jump through in this selection process. That's what it is - a selection process, and a bunch of tests that you must pass in order to make the cutoff for this pool of hundreds of other candidates hoping to be selected in this selection process.

If this is the attitude you have about the CFAT, then my friend, you have a long, long, long, LONG way to go in the journey to becoming a pilot.

I hope CAPSS doesn't question your intelligence...

BrianBB said:
Theirs about 60 questions.

You know maybe I'm a dinosaur, but I think bringing back the spelling and grammar test should be part of the application process.  8)

::)

Here.  I'll hold your hand.  This is where you can start:

CFAT Practice Tests

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) FAQ

Now I seriously want to ask you a question about the job you so desperately want, and are only good enough to do:  If you are piloting a jet fighter travelling at 600 mph, and you find there is another fighter travelling at 600 mph on a collision course with you, how much time do you have to study the problem you are facing?

Maybe I fooled myself thinking arrogance wouldn't come into play in these forums, I guess  I was wrong.

I don't see how people find it witty to try and point out certain typo's, spellling/ grammer mistakes. This is a forum, I'm not typing up a thesis , thus no going back, re-reading what I wrote and correcting it, because it doesn't really matter.

You can continue to point out all the typo's that you want, in the end , I still nailed the linguistics aspect of the test, and English will always be my best subject. ;D

BrianBB said:
Theirs about 60 questions.

Just to clarify;  (from this link.. and also from my general knowledge...)

*  Verbal Skills (15 questions, maximum time allowed for completion is 5 minutes)
    * Spatial Ability (15 questions, maximum time allowed for completion is 10 minutes)
    * Problem Solving (30 questions, maximum time allowed for completion is 30 minutes)

There aren't "about" 60 questions... there are 60 questions.

Just wanted to be clear on that...  ;D

RHFC_piper said:

That is what I said, but nobody listens to me.  ;D

George Wallace said:
::)

Here.  I'll hold your hand.  This is where you can start:

CFAT Practice Tests

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) FAQ

Now I seriously want to ask you a question about the job you so desperately want, and are only good enough to do:  If you are piloting a jet fighter travelling at 600 mph, and you find there is another fighter travelling at 600 mph on a collision course with you, how much time do you have to study the problem you are facing?

Thanks for " holding my hand". I've been through most of those practice tests, I didn't find them to be much help. They reminded me of the booklet I received from the Recruiters, very misleading and doesn't properly represent the test itself.

As for the "problem " you presented, I have several answers.

1) I'd have 4+ years to study to problem seeing as I wouldn't be in any situation like that any time soon.
2) I'd have Unlimited/Zero time to react, seeing as I don't want to fly Fighters planes.
3) to Seriously answer the question I'd need you to give me some sort of distance/height of both planes
4) I'm sure some sort of Instinct/ logic would come into play without necessarly calculating anything.
But I get the Idea you were trying to present.

RHFC_piper said:

*   Verbal Skills (15 questions, maximum time allowed for completion is 5 minutes)
    * Spatial Ability (15 questions, maximum time allowed for completion is 10 minutes)
    * Problem Solving (30 questions, maximum time allowed for completion is 30 minutes)

Fair enough, like I said, it's been a little while so I guess-stimated based on what I remembered. Thanks for clearly that up though.

BrianBB said:
Maybe I fooled myself thinking arrogance wouldn't come into play in these forums, I guess  I was wrong.

I don't see how people find it witty to try and point out certain typo's, spellling/ grammer mistakes. This is a forum, I'm not typing up a thesis , thus no going back, re-reading what I wrote and correcting it, because it doesn't really matter.

You can continue to point out all the typo's that you want, in the end , I still nailed the linguistics aspect of the test, and English will always be my best subject. ;D

RIGHT!

You are just one of many who really don't grasp what this site is all about.  It is about the CF.  It is geared towards "Professional Discussion" between Serving and Retired members of the Armed Forces of many nations focusing on the CF.  It is also a site where people like you can research and find out more about the CF.  If you don't want to give us the common courtesy of using the correct spelling and grammar, then you will find that you will be picked up on it.  Perhaps you haven't tried the SEARCH function yet, hoping that we will feed you with a Silver Spoon; but if you have, then you will realize that people who can't spell don't have "Searchable" posts, and future inquiring minds will not be able to easily find information.  You in essence, by lack of care in your spelling, are burning up space on the owner's hard drive.  You are a waste of space.  Have you clued in yet?

sgf

If you are curious and reading this; this also applies to you.

BrianBB said:

I just got here and read the whole thing.

The only arrogant and pompous prig I've seen here is you. Pull in your neck, get off your high & mighty self, act contrite and inquire truthfully, witout all the bells and whistles. You may find people will take less offence and try help you. Spike their bullshit meter and you'll be done here like a dog's dinner.

I suggest you quit while your ahead, quit posting, do a lot of searching and reading, then come back with some concrete questions and leave your ego parked at the door. You'll likely find people will react differently.

Just my $00.02

BrianBB said:

No arrogance here. You are talking to people who were succesful where you were not and came here looking for help by saying that you are better than a test you did not complete to the required standard. CAPSS will come as a shock to you i am sure.

I will bake a special cookie tonight just fo you and your superior intellect.

Quick question,

what exactly do you do in our Canadian Forces? Your trade, or past trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back