• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are selections still ongoong for Combat Engineer?

gam.bit

Inactive
Reaction score
I had my interview on June 9th for 3 trades but I was advised by my interviewer that if I wanted to get the trade that I wanted, that it would be best if I picked only one trade. I picked Combat Engineer. I was merit-listed June 15th.

During the week of my interview, Combat Engineer was listed on the website as 'Now Hiring' and 'In Demand' but now it doesn't say that anymore. Does that mean that they are no longer hiring?

Crewman on the other hand is 'Now Hiring' and 'In Demand'. Should I apply for another trade instead? I'm interested in any trade in the Combat Arms. Is there a chance that I can add a trade without being removed from the CE merit list? I hope you can give me some advice. Thanks.

They recommend that you limit your occupation choice(s) to ONLY occupations that you are willing to accept an Offer of Employment for.  If you have chosen only Cbt Engr and have been Merit Listed, then it's highly likely that you may receive an offer within the next 30-45 days.  If you haven't heard anything by then, I'd suggest you contact your local CFRC and ask for an update.

When you see "Now Hiring" listed on the website, it means that the CAF are accepting "new" applications for those occupations.  When you see "In Demand" listed, it means that the occupation may not have enough applications to possibly meet the required intake numbers for the Recruiting Year.  Where an occupation has no indicators listed, you may still apply for that occupation but it is possible that your application might not be processed beyond the point of writing the aptitude tests until a later date.

Applying for an In Demand or Now Hiring occupation will NOT guarantee you a job with CAF.

Back