• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca 2013 Year in Review

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Folks,

For the first time ever, I have put together a short "retrospective" on the year past. It's a quick read (only a few bullet points per slide) so I encourage you to give it a quick run-through when you have 5 minutes:

http://prezi.com/zl8ywbavcmnx/
(the fullscreen icon in the lower right makes it easy to read)

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about the slides, our current status or our future plans. Thanks to all the site supporters, volunteers and helpers that have given us the busiest year yet, I am looking forward to what we can accomplish together in 2014.

Cheers and Have a Happy New Year!
Mike

The "Net Profit" line looks like the closing scene of each 2 Broke Girls' episode  ;D

Once again Mike, very many thanks for your ongoing efforts.  :cheers:

It's no accident, really. Higher profits equal higher corporate taxes so I try (without wasting) to make things balance as closely as possible. That is, it's better to dump a few extra dollars into server hosting than it is to lose them to tax. :)

Journeyman said:

:ditto:

What he said, Mike ... we are all grateful to you (and your saintly wife) for this great service.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Folks,

For the first time ever, I have put together a short "retrospective" on the year past. It's a quick read (only a few bullet points per slide) so I encourage you to give it a quick run-through when you have 5 minutes:

http://prezi.com/zl8ywbavcmnx/
(the fullscreen icon in the lower right makes it easy to read)

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about the slides, our current status or our future plans. Thanks to all the site supporters, volunteers and helpers that have given us the busiest year yet, I am looking forward to what we can accomplish together in 2014.

Cheers and Have a Happy New Year!
Mike

Journeyman said:
The "Net Profit" line looks like the closing scene of each 2 Broke Girls' episode  ;D

clap.gif

Mike, thanks for a fifth of a century supporting the Canadian military community on-line!  That's an incredible accomplishment.

Best regards
G2G

Mike,

I have to add my voice, to thank you and the volunteer DS.

Your efforts have made the site an online CAF reference point,
prospective, current and historical.

Thank you.

Thank you for your review, stats & info.
Wow, Army.Ca is 20 yrs old now?  :nod:
Keep growing!
:salute:

A huge thank-you to Mike as well as the rest of the community!  :nod:

So far, I have seen true thanks from three respondents.

They are Subscribers.

If you like being here, being included in the threads, having your opinion heard and being taken seriously...............

perhaps you should become a subscriber.

Mentors that don't subscribe, don't seem to believe in their status.

But I've been wrong before.

At least once.................................................

but I think it was a mistake.

Thanks Mike, I have been a member of the site for over 5 years (before I joined) and it provided me with a great resource before training, during training, and now that I am through the training system it has served me well on a regular basis for various tasks.

I never realized before the slideshow just how massive of a project this is. 10,000 new users in one year, and 80,000 posts? Madness. While I know the Mods do more than just keep posts in line, that's almost 220 posts per day. A big kudos to them as well, really can't put a dollar figure on that amount of time volunteered...

Thanks Mike for all your hard work, also thanks to the DS for keeping us in line.  I had no idea that the site has been around for 20 years, that is pretty impressive.

Great work, Mike.  And happy new year to you and yours!  :cheers:

Technoviking said:
Great work, Mike.  And happy new year to you and yours!  :cheers:

What he said and more. One point, could we have a centrefold next year?

Old Sweat said:
What he said and more. One point, could we have a centrefold next year?

Festive Special.........A photo of a Commodore 64.    :christmas happy:

Piling on Mike....

Thanks and thanks again

May the New Year, and your wife, continue to give you the time to provide this site.  :christmas happy:

Thank you, Mike, as this site continues to be an excellent tool for me.  I know I have very limited knowledge on what you're doing behind the scenes to keep it running, but know your efforts are tremendously appreciated.

Back