• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca is moving!

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
...and I'm moving with it! :)

There will be a bit of downtime associated with the move, which will likely occur over the long weekend (5-7 Sept). I'll keep the server connected as long as possible, but at some point will be unplugging it and putting it in my car for the ~18 hour drive. There may also be a delay in orders placed next week, as my inventory will be on a moving truck! Things should more or less be back to normal by the 8th of Sept, and I'm hoping, on a faster connection.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers
Mike

Thanks for the head's up, and safe travels!

It's not April 1st.  What gives?  ???

Just kidding, hope all goes well, Mike.  :nod:

Thank you for letting the members know about the move, it is most appreciated.

Wishing you and your family a safe and successful move! 

Mike Bobbitt said:
...and I'm moving with it! :)

There will be a bit of downtime associated with the move, which will likely occur over the long weekend (5-7 Sept). I'll keep the server connected as long as possible, but at some point will be unplugging it and putting it in my car for the ~18 hour drive. There may also be a delay in orders placed next week, as my inventory will be on a moving truck! Things should more or less be back to normal by the 8th of Sept, and I'm hoping, on a faster connection.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers
Mike

Hmm... sounds like someone is moving back east.

Best of luck!

I didn't know there was a quota system of balancing Army.ca members across the country by region of origin and of residence. It makes sense though. Vern moves west and Mike moves back east.

Have a good move, Mike, and enjoy your new life.

Thanks all... it was too good an opportunity to pass up!

Journeyman said:
Must...not.....comment...on which region.... won that swap.......  >:D

Thanks for the laugh Journeyman.  ;D

Mike, Thank you for the heads up and hope the move goes smooth.

Journeyman said:
Must...not.....comment...on which region.... won that swap.......  >:D

Hey now!! I resemble that remark.

Mike really hadno choice but to move once I moved within a couple hundred clicks of the server. Look what I could do to the photo gallery from the East Coast - imagine the havoc I could havewrought up the entire server from this closer zone!! Actually, perhaps that is exactly what has been causing the 'site slowness' lately. I lived too close.

But, I'd like to thank all my other friend for not moving away from me when I moved closer ...  :)

Good luck to you & your family with the move Mike; drive carefully & enjoy that fresh salt-water, non-smoggy air!!

Have a safe move mike! When you say the site would be faster, are we talking triple T1 connections?  ;D

The site has been sluggish lately for sure, even when accessed from an extreme speed connection over Cat6

So, Mike, when you move back up on the North Mountain, does that mean army.ca will only be on line when you can get use of the party line.  Have you blown the dust off that 14.4 K modem yet, anything newer might blow up that Annapolis Valley phone system.    >:D

Heheh, things have evolved since the days of the party line... we're looking at 10 meg cable service, which should be a step up from what we're working with now. :) Time will tell of course!

Mike Bobbitt said:
Heheh, things have evolved since the days of the party line... we're looking at 10 meg cable service, which should be a step up from what we're working with now. :) Time will tell of course!

Yeah, but is that 10 meg for the party line or just you?  ;D

(I can just imagine having to type "Working!!" between posts...)

...and we're back! Thanks for your patience, and please let me know if you find any problems!

Cheers
Mike

Back