• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

army.ca page causes Mozilla lock ups and crashes

Michael Dorosh

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
http://army.ca/forums/threads/18919.15.html

On page 2 of this topic, I tried to post a reply three seperate times, and each times Mozilla froze, then didn't respond and required me to ctrl-alt-del

It worked fine in IE.  Going back to read the responses when I finally did post, again in Mozilla, I went back to page 2 and before the page even loaded, Mozilla froze and required me to close the program as it stopped responding.

Kind of weird!

Works fine for me, using Mozilla 1.7.2.

Possibly overloading your system with too much background programs? Sometimes that causes my browser to lock up.

SuperSlug said:
Works fine for me, using Mozilla 1.7.2.

Possibly overloading your system with too much background programs? Sometimes that causes my browser to lock up.

Doubtful; it is the only page I've had problems with, must be just something weird going on.  I usually have four tabs open as a matter of course.

It froze up for me yesterday also and just now I clicked on Michaels link and freeze-up again. I'm using Netscape 7.1

EDIT: Got to page 3 with no difficulties, but cannot get page 2 to load.

Burrows said:
*Waves banner saying burrows has no life*
Tell us something we don't know.  :p

On another note, it worked fine for me, I've got IE.
If your computer keeps crashing, run a spyware/adware scan.
Or just use a different browser?

Bruce Monkhouse said:
It froze up for me yesterday also and just now I clicked on Michaels link and freeze-up again. I'm using Netscape 7.1

EDIT: Got to page 3 with no difficulties, but cannot get page 2 to load.

That's identical to the problem I had.  Interesting.  Mozilla is based on the Netscape code, right?  I wonder if there isn't something "funny" on the page somehow.

I use Solaris at work with Mozilla and I think Mozilla is the most buggy piece of sotware I ever used. Countless times just sending an e-mail causes the entire system to freeze requiring a reboot.  Say what you will about Microsoft but I love IE.

Michael Dorosh said:
That's identical to the problem I had.  Interesting.  Mozilla is based on the Netscape code, right?  I wonder if there isn't something "funny" on the page somehow.

I also have Netscape 7.1 - and agree with Bruce and Michael,
Same Problem - pg 2 won't fully load.

Something funny - shows on bottom of pg connecting to (not 100% sure accurate)
Yahoo.com or something similar - sounds like somebody has a Buggy Link connected to that page. ???

Just tried the link and it worked ok for me.  I was on DSL earlier today and all pages loaded quickly.  Now I am back on Dial UP, where I usually run into all my problems and for a change the pages are loading at a reasonable rate.  I'm using IE.

Could it be that there was a lot of 'traffic' to that page when the freeze ups occured?

GW

The problem is definitely not on the server, the pages are all loading OK here. It seems like there's some sort of trigger on page 2 that causes Netscape to hang...

Warm Coffee said:
I use Solaris at work with Mozilla and I think Mozilla is the most buggy piece of sotware I ever used. Countless times just sending an e-mail causes the entire system to freeze requiring a reboot.  Say what you will about Microsoft but I love IE.

IE has so many holes you could use it as a fishing net.
*waves her Mozilla banner*

Back