• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

Yeah, we've had a few outages lately... Hopefully not pattern that we'll be repeating, at least past next Wednesday.

Oh thank God we're back up. Slow morning at work and I was forced to go over and play at militaryphotos.net alone  :o

Just a quick reminder that we'll be off the air for a period of time today.

Since we're switching Internet addresses, running "ipconfig /flushdns" once the site is back up may speed up your ability to connect to it. (If you're not sure how to do this, don't worry about it.)

Cheers
Mike

Unfortunately we've encountered an extremely frustrating situation. Bell has disconnected us from our old ISP, but now says they need an onsite visit to hook us back up again. I am pushing for a qiuck turnaround on this, but of course Bell's idea of "quick" is under a week, so we may be facing a pretty serious outage here while we wait for Bell to get it's act together.

I realize that no-one will be able to read this until we're back online, but I'm posting a history of events here regardless.

Cheers
Mike

He he, look at the "Users Online" just start filling up  :o

If you like that....

dancing.gif

Not sure who the other three people are but it's equally fruity. ;D

Mike

All of these dancers - Spidey et al, can't be helping your Bandwidth. At 25MB plus each of Blakey's dancing Spiderman icons and scm77 latest contribution of 20+MB, these forums are being filled with senseless, wasted memory hogs.  To be clear, I mean the icons, jpg and not the members or their text posts.

IMHO - think before you post, you could be part of the problem.

Hi Gunner98,

I appreciate the concern, espeically in light of the current situation. scm's image is hosted elsewhere, so it's not a drain on the server at all. Blakey's is under 40k, which is not too bad. Really, the ball is in my court to trim services temporarily (disable avatars, close the album, etc) if needed.

Cheers
Mike

Edit: I had a post ready to go and then saw that Mike Bobbit replied and answered my question before I even got a chance to ask it.  :D

Ill be quite happy to host my own avatar   ;D

[Edit] But yer gunna have to show me how...Step by step.... ;)

I did it for you.  Check out the awesome URL for where its located :P

http://www.kyleburrows.com/uploaderfiles/blakey.gif

blakey.gif

Kyle Burrows said:
I did it for you.   Check out the awesome URL for where its located :P
lol   ;D
[edit] TY[/edit]
[2nd edit] OMG lol, i thought you just provided the URL, i went to change the location and BAM it was already done! will wonders never cease?  :P

Not from me!

AH yes! For those who want to follow suit! Register at http://uploader.kyleburrows.com !  Membership approved ASAP and I won't spam you...honest..

All,

Sorry about the forum problems that plagued us from about 1145 to 1300 today. I performed a major system upgrade that was supposed to be "hands off" but as usual, a couple things went wrong.

We're back, but please let me know if you see anything unusual.

Thanks for your patience.
Mike

Back