• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

Boss,...ya can't be fading out on my night shifts.

Bruce Monkhouse, Mike Bobbitt,

No one else had to stick it out I guess.

Bruce, I'll give you the number to the Bat Phone so you can signal me directly in the event of an emergency. :)

This morning's outage was a little unusual, a critical file for the forums became corrupted and caused everything to grind to a halt. I am still investigating, but it looks like natural causes so far.

"Bat phone"??  Somehow I more envisioned you responding to the search light with a geek figure in it..................

...with a utility belt full of iPhones and blackberries.

Was there a server problem this morning? I was unable to get on the site about an hour ago and was just wondering if it was a problem on my end or not...

ColdNorth said:
Was there a server problem this morning? I was unable to get on the site about an hour ago and was just wondering if it was a problem on my end or not...

I noted a brief (five minute?) outage at about 1000 Hrs Eastern time.

E.R. Campbell said:
I noted a brief (five minute?) outage at about 1000 Hrs Eastern time.

Couldn't say how long, I tried to get on for about five minutes.  When I was unable to I went for a run / workout and when I returned ~an hour later I got on no problem...

So it wasn't just me, thanks!

Duh, Steve Jobs died!

Mine literally just arrived, wearing a black armband in prep for the iWake and the iFuneral.

To pay homage, Mike had an iOutage.

Scott said:
Mine literally just arrived, wearing a black armband in prep for the iWake and the iFuneral.

To pay homage, Mike had an iOutage.

:rofl:

:cheers:

Today's outage was just a simple server reboot... hadn't been done for about 50 days which always makes me uneasy.

PMedMoe said:
Then it shouldn't have affected anyone with a Mac.  ;)
Of course it should have.  They were all smoking weed to "celebrate the life of the Great One"  ;D

Sorry for the unscheduled outage tonight folks. After reviewing the first month's bill under the new server, I realized I was paying a bit more than necessary for storage. I required a bit of time to trim the space requirements down, which will save us some cash on June's bill.

Cheers
Mike

Back