• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

Well.

Mike has published the problems and what he has done to rectify them.  He has given a timeline of how long he anticipates it to take to solve and get the site up to functioning in the manner to which you expect.  He has posted a couple of topics on the matter.  So, all you can do now is have a little patience.

George Wallace said:
Well.

Mike has published the problems and what he has done to rectify them.  He has given a timeline of how long he anticipates it to take to solve and get the site up to functioning in the manner to which you expect.  He has posted a couple of topics on the matter.  So, all you can do now is have a little patience.

So can we stop
beatdeadhorse.gif

And maybe just inform Mike when there is a slow down and stop the p***ing match?

It's frustrating for everyone, and I include myself in that list. There are a lot of people here who have contributed generously to the solution, and I've finally started to do my part on it, so hopefully we will only have to endure this for a short while longer.

Thanks for your patience and support all.

Super slow now. Mike, I am always patient, I refresh the page at least 12 times every 2 mins when the site is down  :D

I like it whenn the sight is down, it is only time I get to eat and sleep ;D

Sorry for the downtime, I tried a few things to help reduce server load. I don't think it will make a noticeable difference, unfortunately.

Mike Bobbitt said:
lol, I'm sure that helps. ;)

Sheesh, I thought this MSN speak was getting cleaned up...  mods?!?!

;D

Couldn't resist...

kc

30 Guests, 6 Users (1 Buddy)

:eek: That is crazy. Guess the refreshing works  ;D

and now:

81 Guests, 8 Users (1 Buddy)
Quick build up. The site is fast now  ;D

Mike,
What if we firewall block those IP addresses that I mentioned, that would cut the "guests" in half.

I might do that... I've been tinkering (as you have probably noticed), trying a few things to detect the source of the slowdown. It doesn't seem to be any one thing in particular, just a lot going on. :(

Mike Bobbitt said:
I might do that... I've been tinkering (as you have probably noticed), trying a few things to detect the source of the slowdown. It doesn't seem to be any one thing in particular, just a lot going on. :(

Whatever you did Mike, it speed up for me  ;D

Too bad there is still a long delay when posting  :-[

Was having army.ca withdrawl symptoms with the site down.  ;D

Glad its back.

Nfld Sapper said:
Was having army.ca withdrawl symptoms with the site down.  ;D

Glad its back.
You thought it was bad, eh? My internet was down almost all day, and when it came back, Army.ca was slow. So, yes, it was a terrible day. But now she is back  ;D

Michael Baker said:
You thought it was bad, eh? My internet was down almost all day, and when it came back, Army.ca was slow. So, yes, it was a terrible day. But now she is back  ;D
Mwhahahah been workin for me all day.  :evil:

Folks,

As you have unfortunately noticed, the last few weeks have see Army.ca brought to it's knees on a regular basis. In fact, recently, the site has been down or unbearably slow more often than not.

First, I apologize for this, I know it's very frustrating. I have spent literally days trying to track down the source of the problem, and it all seems to come back to the same thing: we've become too popular. The site simply cannot keep up with the demand, and is suffering through a number of problems as a result. I've considered a variety of approaches from rolling blackouts to automatic shutdowns to cutting some services, but each has it's problems. You may have even noticed me experimenting with some of these over the last week.

There is a bright spot though, the recent Server Replacement Program means that new hardware has been ordered and is on the way. Right now the ETA is a bit hazy, but I think I can safely say it will be roughly 4 weeks before the new hardware is in place. In the mean time, our options are limited, but I will continue to research the possibilities. Please bear with me through this, as unfortunately it's going to mean at least 4 more weeks of ridiculous wait times and the occasional outage.

I'll keep you updated as things progress.

Cheers
Mike

You can only do what you can do....the rest will sort itself out.

Thanks Mike for all your efforts

Back