• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

I was starting to detox from the lack of Army.ca in my life. Then I found some target practice for the regulars to keep their game fresh on Facebook. Hahahaha

I'd like to say thanks to Danjanou, HoM and others that provided me my small yet somewhat significant doses of anti-troll meds and flirtatious cynicism. I couldn't have survived the past week without you guys.

Now my precious is back up and running, just in time for my hubster to come home tonight and I will be "otherwise occupied" for the next couple of days...so the minor shakes will continue for me for now.

I'll be back to regularly scheduled programming in about a week. Hahahaha

Cheers,

CAW

...and we're back after a power outage that lasted about 8 hours.

Mike Bobbitt said:
...and we're back after a power outage that lasted about 8 hours.

What a relief!  During lunch yesterday I though the DND firewall had finally blocked you out.

Shouldn't Milnet.ca be designated an essential service or something?

Sorry folks, we were off the air for 3-4 hours tonight because of a power outage. When things came back up, the database was corrupt from the crash and had to be manually fixed. Looks like it's time to get that UPS!

Figured as much given the storm we just had.  Quick and dirty though. 

Yeah, it was a crazy storm... uprooted two mature trees in our neighbourhood that I've seen so far.

Suprisingly, the past two crashs, I have been offline and busy due to, uhhh, other committments.  >:D  Whoooooooooo!! Thanks for the excellent timing Mike.  ;D

Michael O`Leary said:
Surprisingly, chat worked though most of the down time.

That's funny.  I could get to the Army.ca main page but not to the forums.  I was in the chat room, but when I typed and hit enter, nothing came up on the screen.  Scared me for a while, I thought it was my computer.  :eek: 
So, the good thing about the "down time" is that I did my weekly virus/spam/etc checks.  ::)

We're we down again after getting back-up today?  I see only three people online (which is slow for so early) and not much activitiy in a while.

Never mind, I see Mike came with the answer while I was typed.

Having a frustrating time of it this morning with repeated Firefox messages stating that the site has timed out or is too busy and repeated refreshing of pages to get back up.

If we (as a site) are too busy, is this happening because the Guests out number the Membership? 
430 Guests, 46 Users (4 Hidden)

Is site speed impacted by this or not?

Maybe it's time for another membership drive to cull the freeloading.  ;D 

I don't think so, I've been online straight since 0530 ... and it's worked fine for me. I was also on until about 0400 ... and it was fine too.

I'm not using Firefox though, perhaps it's that??  ???

No, the system load is low right now, and as far as I can tell there are no issues (I also use Firefox). Sounds like it could be a problem closer down the line to you Piker...

Back