• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Reserve Application-Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

douglasfir

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm trying to apply to the army reserve as an infantry soldier.  I'm doing my best to get info from online or call or email the local recruiting centre, but i've received some conflicting info.

I contacted the recruiting unit to see if they had positions available, and I was told that they did.  I handed in my online application and received an email confirming that it was received, but not asking me to send any documentation in.  It's been about 3 weeks and I haven't heard back at all.  Is this normal? I think that my application was pretty solid. I am a post secondary student, involved in lots of volunteer, leadership and physical/sporting activities, would it still be possible that they simply just decided not to process my application any further?

I'm interested in joining because I want to contribute and help others, and I feel that with my physical skills, attitude and work ethic I would be an asset....but first I guess I have to figure out how to complete the application steps and get the job.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, I am in the interview stage. It took me like, maybe a month for them to call me back after my online app. It does take a while cause its gotta go through Ontario before its sent to your local CFRC, I think. It would of maybe been quicker if you went down to your centre. But, there is a ton of waiting from this point on, like, to get to the interview for me, it has take at least 2 months. I do think they would contact you if you had been declined.

Okay so these are the steps I took. Went down to the armouries where reserve training takes place and talked to the recruiting officer of the RESERVE unit I would be joining. He told me to apply online and gave me some forms, I filled them out and handed them back to him which he faxed to Ottawa. Then I waited. Got a letter from my local cfrc notifying me to call them to book my cfat which then moved on to booking my interview and medical which are next week. That's as far as I've gone and what I've done to get to this point.

My process has been similar to Justin'. I applied online, went down to the unit I was intending on joining. The recruiting Sergeant that was there was able to pull my file and review it. He then gave me all of the other forms to fill in, I handed them in and had my express test 2 weeks later and my CFAT 2 weeks after that. I think contrary to the regular force application process a little leg work MAY help. At least it did in MY process thus far.

Justin8456 said:
Okay so these are the steps I took. Went down to the armouries where reserve training takes place and talked to the recruiting officer of the RESERVE unit I would be joining. He told me to apply online and gave me some forms, I filled them out and handed them back to him which he faxed to Ottawa. Then I waited. Got a letter from my local cfrc notifying me to call them to book my cfat which then moved on to booking my interview and medical which are next week. That's as far as I've gone and what I've done to get to this point.

:goodpost:

Normally, the letter will come from the local Reserve Unit and you provide that to your local CFRC to start your processing.  Your local CFRC will not do anything for you, without the concurrence of your local Reserve Unit/Brigade Recruiter.

This topic has been done numerous times, we don't need yet another one.

locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back