• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Undergarments

I am looking for opinions on the issued Light weight Underwear

• Only thing I wear

Votes: 39 40.2%
  • Worn on Ex only

Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Worn as a last resort

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Somewhere in my drawer, in the package

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Never ever wear it

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters
i LOVE me gitch.  It is the best peice of kit that I own. and my gf likes the look too.  Infact im wearing them right now! :dontpanic:

The new undergarments we are now issued are a far cry better than what  we did get.
I just found out  Last week being on a airbase and not allowed to wear the zip top because i wear blue , is kinda stupid, it was issued when i wore green.

HADES 1962 said:
The new undergarments we are now issued are a far cry better than what   we did get.
I just found out   Last week being on a airbase and not allowed to wear the zip top because i wear blue , is kinda stupid, it was issued when i wore green.
Well, like the AF paid for the cadpat raingear so only they get issued it. The Army pays for the zip-top, so only they (or other DEU employed in support of Land Ops) get it.
Besides it's not anti-static for you blue guys. The CEMS project is in the process of developing an anti-static version for Air Force personnel.

armyvern said:
No. Not really. We actually have contracted deliveries for the XL size in smaller numbers than the other sizes, so we actually get fewer delivered into the system in the first place. Size small just began coming back into stock after a 2 month hiatus, and it is by far the most popular size.

HaHa, I would think that being a Small in 'that' area would be more embarrassing than being an Extra Large.

;D

Quentin

qjdb said:
HaHa, I would think that being a Small in 'that' area would be more embarrassing than being an Extra Large.
  ;D
Quentin
If I were a man I'd take that as an insult  ;D
But I am not, thanks for calling me skinny!!  :-*

Having not been in the CF since the days of white boxers, I can't comment on the new stuff. However, I will emphatically state that the "fly" in any piece of underwear is more of a pain, literally, than its worth. Nothing worse than having your danglies get stuck! :crybaby:

I must admit though, that the site of a woman in green longjohns and grey wool socks still gets my pulse rate up. In a good way, that is. :-*

I don't mind the stuff, and I think it is a step in the right direction...or at least miles better than the old cotton stuff. I do lament the lack of tall sizes, though. Thanks to my chimpanzee arms the sleeves on the size that best fits me only goes as far my my mid-forearm.

I know this has been covered in another thread, but I would -really- like to see a nice summer-weight combat t-shirt with wicking material.

2332Piper said:
I like the issue stuff for cooler weather, but after wearing the issue stuff all summer, every day, they lost the elasticity they once had and are way to warm.
So take them to clothing and exchange them for new ones. That'll fix the elasticity issue, and it's winter now...they're supposed to be warm  :)

Hmmm.... guessing ehre that you are a reservist.
if you are / were an OR and have not quit.... then you continue to be entitled to the kit.
If you still have all your kit (not forced to turn it in) then you continue to be entitled to the kit.
If you haven't signed off on a long term leave that your HQ has published - then you continue to be entitled to the kit.

well.... you're correct about your entitlement having been "edited" down
don't worry about vern taking your underwear away - but won't give you the new stuff till such time as they have disposed of all existing stocks of the old stuff...

2332Piper said:
I can't since I'm no longer entitled to have them. I used to when I was in the reserves but now that I am an officer cadet I'm technically not allowed to have them.
Not quite. And I quote direct from the Scale of Entitlement:
"Issue to Army DEU recruits upon sucessful completion of BMQ for NCMs and upon successful completion of the Initial Assesment Period (IAP) and Basic Officer Training Period (BOTP) for Officers."
2332Piper said:
Same goes for the sock system (I lost a pair of liner socks but I can't go in to buy a new pair).
My same quote as above. No technically, you can not buy any item of operational/field kit. You could with the old boxers etc as they were not exchangeable, but now that they are...no 'buying' allowed. The only items 'authorized' for purchase are permanently issued DEU items....and that's changing effective 01 Jan 2006 when Clothing Stores will no longer be able to operate any 'cash sales' functions IAW new NDHQ policy. Technically, the only way to obtain op/field kit and pay for it (soon only via Adm deductions via pay office) is when a Stores Loss Report/MLR has been filled out and you have accepted financial responsibility for the loss.
2332Piper said:
At least thats what I was told. Right or wrong?
Somewhat
2332Piper said:
Besides, I'm not wearing a uniform until the summer so its really a moot point, I won't be wearing them in winter for a while.
But you may catch a chill!!  ;D

Needless, I have e-mailed you a copy of the scale of entitlement...see the 2nd column (item #), scroll to item # 026 which is the underwear and read the remarks. Do you qualify?

geo said:
well.... you're correct about your entitlement having been "edited" down
don't worry about vern taking your underwear away - but won't give you the new stuff till such time as they have disposed of all existing stocks of the old stuff...
Egads Geo...give me some credit!! I'm not gonna take his roo's away!!

2332Piper, upon release/roll-over, you are entitled to retain your underwear/socks etc as they are next-to-skin items. Thus you are entitled to continue wearing them. You would have lost your entitlement to the gortex etc as it is not a 'reatainable' item, but the exact same quote I gave below is also the quote which follows the 'gortex jacket/pants' entitlement on the Scales (of which you now have a copy in your inbox). Therefore, if you are an Officer who has successfully completed your IAP and BOTP and you wear Land DEU...you are indeed entitled to the 'Gucci' kit.

OCdts at RMC are not entitled to all of the gucci kit until after phase II army trg. Apparently this was the school commandants decisions as too much kit was being lost. This coming from the two individuals working at clothing stores who I spoke with.

armyvern said:
The only items 'authorized' for purchase are permanently issued DEU items....and that's changing effective 01 Jan 2006 when Clothing Stores will no longer be able to operate any 'cash sales' functions IAW new NDHQ policy.

What about stuff like t-shirts, towels, etc? That stuff was available under cash sales, but isn't available under logistiks-unicorp, also need a lost stores report?

Just a Sig Op said:
What about stuff like t-shirts, towels, etc? That stuff was available under cash sales, but isn't available under logistiks-unicorp, also need a lost stores report?
T-shirts are the same as socks...now exchangeable therefore not 'purchaseable'

To my knowledge, it has never been allowable to buy towels via cash sales. They weren't an authorized 'saleable item' on the old system either. Extras were issued to members when deploying as part of top-up therefore purchase not necessary.

Authorized 'saleable' operational kit items under the old system were:
socks (now exchangeable),
boxers (now exchangeable),
t-shirts (now exchangeable), and
handkerchiefs (now obsolete).

Logistic-Unicorp is authorized to sells "permanent dress uniforms items" for exchange purposes. The initial issue of these items is still done by Clothing Stores upon one's enrollment in the CF, thereafter exchanges and purchases of these items is done by each individual using their Logistik account.

All other kit is considered operational kit and is handled by Clothing Stores. So, if it isn't part of your DEU...you come to Clothing Stores. DEU badges, buttons however are now exchangeable, so you just bring your old collar dogs etc into clothing and exchange them for new ones.

they issue you 5 (or 8 for deployment top up)
thereafter.... change em and wash em ;)
when worn out - exchange em :|

Back