• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

August 20 BMQ

This is so exciting  ;D. I'll be in St Jean on Aug 20th (well Aug 18th) as well for BMOQ. Countdown is on :salute:

There is a Facebook group for applicants to the Canadian Forces, if you're interested in joining. It started around March, and there a number of constant posters. It can be found here - http://www.facebook.com/groups/366983979998767/.

Hey.... BMOQ, August 20th, from Toronto. Nice to get to know people before the course :)
I'll try to join the group ASAP.

jemcgrg said:
Traffic Tech from NB. Where are you from? I just got the call this morning!

Awsome, I'm from NB too and attending this course going as Traffic Tech also! Looking forward seeing you there.  :)

That's pretty cool! We will probably be on the same 3's then too in Borden! I'm from Fredericton. You?

That would be great, And Fredericton right.. I currently live in Moncton so pretty close form there! But I'm from Bathurst.

ObedientiaZelum said:
Sure.  Lay out everything you're bringing on the floor and look at all the civilian stuff and say "Do i really need that?"
Most of your civilian stuff as a rule will stay unused through out your whole course. You'll bring too many clothes, too much shampoo, too many "things".  You don't need 3 bars of soap "in case" one runs out.  Think light. 

Pack the bare minimum. No first aid kids. No alarm clocks. No 6 changes of clothes (giant knifes allowed). 
You don't even need a laptop. Buy a couple books.

Lean to detach from all your "stuff" and operate with the bare minimum.  Lay EVERYTHING out on your floor and ask yourself "Do I need that?"

I briefly read my CFLRS instructions last night, and am currently under the impression we had to buy our shampoo and soap at the CANEX in Saint-Jean?
No laptop?  A lot of my military friends said there's quite a bit of spare time near the end of your course, especially if you stay behind on a weekend.  I'd love to hear your reasoning/experience with the no laptop thing, if you don't mind sharing.

You are allowed to bring it. They just may take it from you at some point

Well guys were almost there! Flying out from Bathurst on Saturday the 18th at 06:00hrs. Hoping that everything will go good and looking forward to meet my course mates. Safe trip to everyone.  :)

You as well. My flight is 6:30 so we will be in Montreal around the same time.

pthebeau said:
I briefly read my CFLRS instructions last night, and am currently under the impression we had to buy our shampoo and soap at the CANEX in Saint-Jean?
No laptop?  A lot of my military friends said there's quite a bit of spare time near the end of your course, especially if you stay behind on a weekend.  I'd love to hear your reasoning/experience with the no laptop thing, if you don't mind sharing.

No idea about the shampoo. I'd say buy your shampoo and soap where ever you want. But then again I won't get yelled at for it.

No laptops;
1. They get broken.
2. They get stolen.
3. People snoop in them (ie pictures of your GF in various states of dress, hope shes older than 18)
4. People bug you to borrow it to watch movies (See points 1 and 3)
5. They're distracting. The time you spend watching movies, playing battlefield 3 or solitaire is time you can spend cleaning your weapon, going to the gym, running , socializing (fight club)  or yelling at yourself in the mirror for screwing up the mornings inspection.

Back