• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

avg Canuck on A-stan

jonoxford

Inactive
Reaction score
Is it wrong to feel guilty for not being in A-stan? especially when fellow Canadians are dying.

Just so you know where I'm coming from I'm a University student and thinking about the mil after I'm finished. Although to be honest with you I'd rather be an NCO rather than an officer. I have some background from when I was a cadet a number of years ago and I've read alot about war over the years to understand what it actually is but obviously not like someone who's experienced it first hand.

I'm an average Canadian who on a whole supports the mission only because their are people engaged and that the situation is beyond the point of no return. I think it's careless for the NDP or mainly Jack to take the stance that they do. Britain just recently said they'd rather move their iraq troops to Afganistan because the mission stands more of a success. I hope it happens because Afghanistan looks like it has a chance depending on the situation with the rest of the middle east.

First post.....  yeah

How about reading some other posts first... and participating
in those instead of opening up a huge can of worms.

jonoxford said:
Is it wrong to feel guilty for not being in A-stan? especially when fellow Canadians are dying.

Well, there's not much you can do at this point, except support them. Welcome...

Suggestion: read the guidelines, they help. Read the threads, they help more.

jonoxford said:
I'm an average Canadian who on a whole supports the mission
Well, this makes you welcome here.  Even though you are not in the military, you can help by educating people here in Canada about what is really going on (& where the NDP are lying to them).  If you need some help putting your facts together, visit ruxted.ca and have a read through all of the editorials.

Back