• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AVS TECH occupation transfer to Pilot

bob999

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi I recently finished my NCMSEP avionics program with excellent GPA and am awaiting my BMQ. My question is, is there a way for an NCM avionics technician to transfer over to a pilot, I have read other occupations transferring and heard stories but they were all completely different from where I am standing.  I would like to know if anybody has done the switch from AVS tech to Pilot and what it involves.  For example is there a way to transfer over to pilot after BMQ (by going into ROTP or another program and accumulating the obligatory service and putting it towards pilot contract)

Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated as I have had no success asking around.

Thank You.

Your obligatory service is for AVS tech, not pilot. You cannot transfer it to another trade or you're gonna owe a lot of money back. It is possible for you to take a commissioning plan after your obligatory service is up and try to become a pilot through ROTP.

It is possible for you to take a commissioning plan after your obligatory service is up and try to become a pilot through ROTP.

Wouldn't that be UTPNCM as he would be applying in-service?

opp550 said:
Wouldn't that be UTPNCM as he would be applying in-service?

Thats what I meant, shouldn't post so early in the morning.

Back