• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Awaiting the "offer"

MasterInstructor said:
Any update on that offer?

You need to call the RC about the subject of recruiting incentives!  The list of trades eligible changes frequently, and there's no sense in you taking someone else's word on what they were told was the most current information.  Call yourself and find out if the trade(s) you are interested in are eligible, if you have skills which might qualify you as semi-skilled or skilled.  You will hear this over and over - "You are your own best career manager", and it will make more sense later, but it bears true as an applicant as well.

Hello,

Aced my CFAT, Changed trade choice to SIGS after xmas, Background checks have been done for ages. I had my interview and Medical  January 9. The Doctor said that he had no concerns and that my file would not be going to Ottawa. He and the Interviewer said that they would have me merit listed the same night or the 11th (Monday).

Was wondering how long I will be waiting ? I realise that Its Finite and each situation is different, but SIG Op is in demand not closed till april.

Thanks in advance

For one, I think you saved up tp 30 days of process time by your medical not going to Ottawa, that is a good thing. The way I understand it is that if you are merit listed, and there are positions open in your trade, they must have a certain amount of files in the same position to select from (surely others in the recruiting center or country for that matter are at the same stage). It is a competition, not first-come-first-served so they pick from the most qualified prospects, possibly with the highest scores. This would determine who gets the phone calls. This is just my take on it, any qualified Forces personnel feel free to clarify or correct.

Well, I guess it is a moot point for me now, I get the call today and accepted an offer. All in all, I sure cannot complain about a thing. I submitted my application on October 27, my medical had to go to Ottawa and there was the Xmas break in there. So all things considered, my file was processed in a timely manner. I'm just relieved and am now able to concentrate on getting ready for BMQ.....physically, lol

Hey! Cograts! Great news! I called in today, tried to book my interview but they would not book it until my medical comes back from Ottawa! Grrr... He even said, my medical was by the book, but still. I hope I will make it for March 8th too..

cheers

I applied Nov.19th/09 for a Naval Electronics Technician position and have still not received an offer.  I've made several 'follow up' calls and spoke with several different recruiters with varying results.  I have been told several times that I am in fact merit listed and to just hang in there.  I understand that recruiters have their hands full and I have done my best to be patient and avoid calling every week.  I'm just wondering if anybody on this site might be able to provide some additional insight.  Is there a typical timeline for an offer to be made?  Is it possible something else is holding me back?  Should I cut my losses and apply to the Army as an Electronic-Optronic Technician?

I would really appreciate any and all input, Thanks.

tabes44 said:
I applied Nov.19th/09 for a Naval Electronics Technician position and have still not received an offer.  I've made several 'follow up' calls and spoke with several different recruiters with varying results.  I have been told several times that I am in fact merit listed and to just hang in there.  I understand that recruiters have their hands full and I have done my best to be patient and avoid calling every week.  I'm just wondering if anybody on this site might be able to provide some additional insight.  Is there a typical timeline for an offer to be made?  Is it possible something else is holding me back?  Should I cut my losses and apply to the Army as an Electronic-Optronic Technician?

I would really appreciate any and all input, Thanks.

Did you ask the recruiter if there are any positions remain open? You might be waiting for April 1st when they get their numbers for the new fiscal year and start hiring. Your trade might be closed for hiring until April 1st...

I doubt anyone knows how many positions are for Reserve Infantry this coming April...anyone? I applied (Signed the dotted line) in June, 2009. It has taken me about 8 months just to wait until April to see if my Unit will have any positions for Infantry Reserve they have for me. I am all done EVERYTHING (CFAT, Physical, Medical), so I think I am all set. I called the medical Offices in Toronto and I was all set to go. My recruiter told me to contact her in April regarding the positions.

I appreciate any and all input. Thanks.

Cheers,
Zach McCurdy, Age 17
CF Applicant

Back