• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bachelor's Degree Recruit

pigsoup

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, it was a long dream of mine to be a proud member of Canadian Armed Forces even when I was not a Canadian. I believe it can give me discipline and many other qualities that I lack. I only plan for one three year contract.

Anyway, I plan to finish my undergrad Architecture program (B.Arch) before joining. When I go to the Forces.ca and search for careers with the bachelor's degree ticked, I noticed only officer career types popping up. Infantry Officer seems most attractive to me and when I go to the link it said something about "related bachelor's degree".

Now, I am sure B.Arch is not a related bachelor's degree so my question is:

would I still be eligible and reasonably qualify for the infantry officer position as direct entry? For paid education route, would it make me be in the army for longer three years?

and if I do not feel qualified becoming an officer, is my only option basic infantryman (common grunt attracts me most)? I read a great thread about how being an infantry officer is a no joke and since i am not planning to dedicate my life to the army, i feel i should not go for it.

I know very little about the army and this is my first post so if i am being ignorant, please feel free to tell me.

Good day Pigsoup,

Your post is a little confusing as you express interest in the infantry officer occupation and required education and then you state "I feel i should not go for it".

Any Canadian Undergraduate Degree meets the educational requirements for infantry officer.

Follow this link for more information on the paid education programs: http://www.forces.ca/en/page/paideducation-96

Service in the Forces can be a very rewarding career for those that take the time to gather information and make the right choice for which occupation best suits them. If you are applying to join the regular force with intentions of releasing after your initial contract then I would suggest that you look into service with the Primary Reserve force. More information on the Primary Reserves can be found at the following link: http://www.forces.ca/en/page/careeroptions-123#tab3

When using the search function on the browse jobs section of the website, ensure that you check off all levels of education that you have in order to bring up all occupations that you qualify for.

thanks for the reply.

I am confused because I am not sure if my intentions are right. To be in charge of other people is a big deal, but my primary reason for joining is for myself. But I would have a huge loan to pay back (damn asian tiger moms and american college tuitions :)) and i would need as much money as possible.

But I do want to go througha full military experience (regular and full time) up until becoming SF of some sort.

This Primary Reserve force full-time career option as same as the Regular forces full-time?

There is no "full-time career option" in the Reserve Force. Short-term full-time contracts are available, but there are not many of them.

Please spend some time reading through older threads on this Site.

Back