• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bag for Basic Training

Hey there...I agree with Trinity. I brought a hockey bag and a small day bag thingie when I went. Of course I left with a lot more stuff, a barrack box, 2 duffles, rucksack, hockey bag yadda yadda yadda. The thing is you want to stay a light as possible in my opinion because you might find yourself moving all over the place. If you're worried about moving a lot of stuff, CMT moves stuff for you too. As for the Gucci kit...well its best to be the grey man in St. Jean. I unfortunatly didn't stay under for long but thats another story...

Jason

Jason is right

BE the grey man... don't stand out, don't have name tags, don't bring anything extra or try
to be super keen.

Keep your kit light..  If you own it.. you have to carry it. And you never know when you get
moved or worse.  Eventually, you will leave and strap a few hundred pounds to you body in
anyway, shape and form.  One bag.. ONE  BIG MOTHER BAG. 

oh.. if you don't know what a grey man is... ask .. we'll explain....

Ok I think I know what you mean by grey man you mean like be the guy that the instructors hardly know because they hardly have to speak to you sort of thing?

A Grey man is someone you never notice even when they are standing directly in front of you. Your eyes just slide right over them.

Hey Trinity in reference to the "Grey Man", do you by chance read Robert Jordan?

The rucksacks et al are made out of synthetic type material Armyrules, no that no one has answered and I had fun at your expense  ;D

As Island Rhino said, synthics, with cordura being one of the best options.

Island Ryhno said:
The rucksacks et al are made out of synthetic type material Armyrules, no that no one has answered and I had fun at your expense   ;D
Island Ryhno said:
The rucksacks et al are made out of synthetic type material Armyrules, no that no one has answered and I had fun at your expense   ;D
Thanks a lot Isalnd Rhyno I will keep that in mind the next time you ask a queston :D When are you leaving for BMQ?

Probably will not be until late this year, not until after this summer for sure!  ;D

Back