• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Battlestar Galactica (Beware....Possible SPOILERS! read at your own risk)

Who is most likely a Cylon ?

• Total voters
They've done a few half decent jobs showing a 'gunny' provide tactical advice to the various 'Biff the Spacemen'.  I thought perhaps Starbucks boyfriend/husband/ex might have been a good choice to become a marine (dare I say)... commando?

Ahh well the shop still rocks... after all it is sci-fi.

Cheers,

Mike

I'm starting to wonder if Baltar is a cylon, who is just starting to realise that himself?  Although, wouldn't they other models say to him, "Hey, you're one of us."?

Between that show, and "Heroes", they are the only shows where I scream at the end because they end way too soon!  :D

RangerRay said:
I'm starting to wonder if Baltar is a cylon, who is just starting to realise that himself?  Although, wouldn't they other models say to him, "Hey, you're one of us."?

That explains a few things if he is
1) he didn't take off his suit in the infected ship
2) they didn't kill him at any time
3) brought him with them to the base ship - if he was truly a human he'd have no value as he was
just a puppet for the Cylons.. with no more occupation he should have proven useless (although we know he hasn't)
4) baltars projection ability like the cylons

Although... when Baltar was able to detect difference between cylon and human blood, why
didn't he test himself???  Did he?  He knew Sharon was from the tests so we know it works. 
Anyone volunteer to go back and view those episodes to see if he did so we can rule him out?

Trinity said:

But then, why weren't any of the others prepared to just put on a suit?

But Baltar serves (so far) a purpose to them, he had info on Earth.
Now the race is on to see who gets there (here?) first. 

Interestingly, Adama and Laura actually went ahead with the genocide plan. 

Does anyone think Helo was right by killing the Cylons first before the Adama plan went thru?
That's twice they've raised an ethical question.

Well, my question is about it being biological warfare.  Wouldn't it fall more under information warfare if it's downloaded via a datastream to other Cylons?

Hmmm, a data virus vs. a biological virus...
Makes a good argument for ethical vs. moral objectives in battle.
:army:

BYT Driver said:
Hmmm, a data virus vs. a biological virus...
Makes a good argument for ethical vs. moral objectives in battle.
:army:

ok.. Who could create a data virus?

Humans.. no.

Cylons.. Yes.

The missing 5 cylons perhaps?!?!?  Do we have civil war between cylons

Incidentally I missed Saturday's episode... be nice if i'm guessing right or wrong.

The report at the end of the show (by the doc) indicated that the virus was left behind on the transponder (or whatever it was) by someone sneezing on it or sneezing into their hands and not washing them before touching the beacon/transponder/thing of unknown use 30,000 years prior to the cylons coming in contact with it.  Humans had developed an immunity to it but not the cylons. 

So, it's bio not data. 

Its effects are (pseudo?)-biological but not its method of transmission.

Trinity said:
2) they didn't kill him at any time
3) brought him with them to the base ship - if he was truly a human he'd have no value as he was
just a puppet for the Cylons.. with no more occupation he should have proven useless (although we know he hasn't)
4) baltars projection ability like the cylons

Although... when Baltar was able to detect difference between cylon and human blood, why
didn't he test himself???  Did he?  He knew Sharon was from the tests so we know it works. 
Anyone volunteer to go back and view those episodes to see if he did so we can rule him out?

Baltar never tested himself. It was Sharon first, then Col. Tigh's wife, then Adama, so on so fourth. No where did they ever mention giving the test to Baltar, since its inconceivable that a Cylon would make a Cylon detecting test, right?

An interesting point is Baltar asked Caprica while walking down the cooridoor of a basestar if they see one of the five, will they know whom he/she is? Shortly after Baltar asks the bizarre question out loud by accident "AM I A CYLON??!?" to a shocked Caprica.

I know the journey is more important then the destination, but damnit I am really curious as to what they're going to do as a season ender. Its not like they can find earth on season 3.

I think they'll find Earth, but it will be either a post apocolyptic wasteland,  or paradise, untouched by human hand for thousands of years, all healed up and ready for man to fawk it all up again.

niner domestic said:
The report at the end of the show (by the doc) indicated that the virus was left behind on the transponder (or whatever it was) by someone sneezing on it or sneezing into their hands and not washing them before touching the beacon/transponder/thing of unknown use 30,000 years prior to the cylons coming in contact with it.  Humans had developed an immunity to it but not the cylons. 

So, it's bio not data. 
Hmmm, yes, the "War of the Worlds" ender.  Interesting how other sci-fi plots and "scenes" are making it's way into BSG???    ::)

YES, I tried to look hard for the rest of the weapon to see if they were using C7's.  Bad lighting and camera angles made it impossible to tell what type of weapon they were using, but the sight was Elcans for sure.

BYT Driver said:
Hmmm, yes, the "War of the Worlds" ender.  Interesting how other sci-fi plots and "scenes" are making it's way into BSG???    ::)

As our human experience of space is very limited to a few walks on the moon and a couple of probes we only have a finite amount of imagination of being invaded/conquered/nuked/rebellion/by aliens before we start repeating ourselves. 

BYT Driver said:
YES, I tried to look hard for the rest of the weapon to see if they were using C7's.  Bad lighting and camera angles made it impossible to tell what type of weapon they were using, but the sight was Elcans for sure.

Last time I watched the Space Marines were using Berreta Storms

Did any of you guys find it odd that Halo didn't go into the quarantine room to see Sharron, even though he was told it was safe for humans... then there was the whole genocide bit...?  Unless it was just one of those accidents that happen.

I thought there was an understanding that he shouldn't go in until all the tests were finalized.

When Starbuck crashed on the desert planet and commandeered the raider, all she did was pull a bunch of tubes. I don't think there is anyone/thing inside per say just an AI linked to the fleet.

//NOTE: Hasn't anyone else noticed that this thread is spelt "Galatica" and not "GalaCtica"?

Back