• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bayonets: your essential Zombie killing weapon accessory.

OldSolduer

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
What about the zombies, huh? Bet you didn't think of a bayonet that would whack a zombie!! Come to think of it, neither have I. Let me work on that. >:D

Totally derailing the topic

MAS all that's covered in the Zombie Survival Guide. Better to have a crowbar and or a fire axe.

I was with you up untill the giant blue amazon...

you guys are weird....

seriously....

{backs away slowly}

Continuing the derailment - Zombies, you need to read the book Day By Day Armagedon.  Simply the best zombie book ever.

You never want to use a blade on a zombie.

Infidel-6 said:
Continuing the derailment - Zombies, you need to read the book Day By Day Armagedon.  Simply the best zombie book ever.

Haha.....spiralling downward!! I'll look for that book. Thanks.....

Infidel-6 said:

Sounds like the start of a new thread ;).

If I didn't have a trusty 12 gage with 00 magnum shot (or have run out of ammo because there are too many freaking zombies), then a fire axe should do nicely. If there was enough time to prepare, a (real) katana or polearm should give you the reach and ability to decapitate zombies before they can shuffle into grappling range.

Like the bayonet, there are probably lots of great alternatives to swords and polearms, but unless you are willing to lug around a flamethrower or destroy entire city blocks with thermobaric weapons, something smaller, lighter and always at your side is probably prefferable.

You can not allow zombies to get close enough to you to use an axe or a bayonet on them because it will inevitably lead to blood splatter and then you'll get the virus. 

Even if you run out of ammo, it would be better to stick to open areas and run away than risk hand-to-hand zombie combat.

I suppose after 39 pages all the relevant stuff has been said many times.......aww frig, carry on.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
I suppose after 39 pages all the relevant stuff has been said many times.......aww frig, carry on.

OK lets do that!  ;D

Best anti zombie weapon

combine-harvester.jpg

Even better than this

Mk-19_40mm_automatic_grenade_launcher.jpg

;D

Well actually the CASW would be of limited use. Unless you full decapitate or destroy the brain the Zombie will just continue to crawl his/her/it's was toward you

Much better to have a low caliber highly accurate rifel with surppressor to hit at long range while looking for a method of extraction.

I was thinking about a Ruger .22, semi auto HB with a bipod and scope for L/R engagements against a/m zombies.

.22 ammo is plentiful and light. For close engagement....walk away if you can. Zombies can't run.

Maybe an aliminum softball bat.

Edit to add: Make suur aforementioned .22 has a bayonet lug on it!!  ;D

I did a Google search for "anti zombie weapon" and this was the number one result:

hammer_069_a.jpg

This is the first result for "zombie poster":

021908_zombie_poster.jpg

Funny Google gave me this, for anti zombie weapon, and it somehow seems appropriate for what is left of this thread

poster62652164.jpg

However when you type in best anti zombie weapon the first hit is this  8)

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ksw9k8p0qo1qa7avuo1_500.jpg

Danjanou said:
Funny Google gave me this, for anti zombie weapon, and it somehow seems appropriate for what is left of this thread

The staff cleaning crew will be along once the thread quiets down.

And when the fun police arrive we can always move over to the SME forum

http://www.lostzombies.com/group/nogunsallowed/forum/topics/the-advantages-and

The Milnet.ca Staff .... sucking the fun out of on line discourse since 1993.    ;D

Back