• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Being accepted for February or April?

Hi, just wondering, what are the chances of being accepted for February or April?

• Good

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Neutral

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

BobbyCarr57

Inactive
Reaction score
Basically, I've gone through all the paperwork, aptitude test, interviews, medical, physical and background check. Just waiting to get a call. I was informed that I should expect a call for mid-February, or early April. The trades I applied for are;

Artillery Soldier
Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Combat Engineer

*All these trades are available at the moment, and I can be potentially hired for either of them. I've been told by some other members of the Forces, that I was basically in. I've just been sorting things, and waiting for over a year now so, I'm pretty nervous. What should I expect at this point?

Most NCM trades (according to DAA) should have calls going out around March 18.

Other than that, nobody knows when. It depends on a lot of factors, because everyone is different.

Well, my recruiter informed me that I could expect one within the next week or so. When I have some time off work, I'm planning to go back and ask about it.

Well if that's what your recruiter said then why ask on here?  :facepalm:

Regardless of what a recruiter says, nothing is 100%. All you can do is wait.

Well, I just wanted to get a feel of what others have experienced. I know I'm a little eager, but I've been waiting for this for awhile, and I was starting to lose hope not too long ago. If it doesn't pan-out right, I really don't know what I'll do for the summer. I understand that the process can take a long time, but now that I'm waiting for a call, I'm getting hyped up.

On a side note; If I am to be offered a position and I accept it. What should I bring to BMQ with me? Clothes? Hygienic materials? As I understand it, you can't have a cell phone during the course of the training, but are you given computer time, or anything like that?

Many people wait a long time, but now that's all you can do.

You can read the joining instructions here: http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school.page

Well, I also have service number. When I was still in the early process of joining, I started out as a reservist and I received a service number. Now that I am back to the Regular Force application process, do I still retain my current service number, or will I be provided with a new one? Also, does having a service number change anything at this point?

BobbyCarr57 said:
Well, I also have service number. When I was still in the early process of joining, I started out as a reservist and I received a service number. Now that I am back to the Regular Force application process, do I still retain my current service number, or will I be provided with a new one? Also, does having a service number change anything at this point?

I was issued a Service Number as a cadet when I was 15 for payroll purposes. Fast forward 6 years, I still have the same Service Number and it will be maintained to my personal information until well after death.

It makes zero difference. You will learn what your SN is good for once you're on course though.

forces is cutting the budget, so.... slight chance and less people will be picked up... :-X

BlueShield said:
forces is cutting the budget, so.... slight chance and less people will be picked up... :-X

How do you know? Do you have experience in recruiting?

RedcapCrusader said:

I didn't say anything that would imply that, and I wasn't trying to be condescending I was actually asking him if he had experience in recruiting...

Emilio said:
I didn't say anything that would imply that, and I wasn't trying to be condescending I was actually asking him if he had experience in recruiting...

RC told me this fact, and also in the news```

The Harper gov made budget cuts that have an impact on equipment purchases however most of the trades that were "now hiring" on Forces.ca are no longer saying "now hiring" - could be a coincidence, or it could be the budget cuts.

MacIssac said:
The Harper gov made budget cuts that have an impact on equipment purchases however most of the trades that were "now hiring" on Forces.ca are no longer saying "now hiring" - could be a coincidence, or it could be the budget cuts.

It was just a coincidence, there are a lot more trades hiring now. And some new ones I haven't seen before on the Forces site before, odd but it made me happy I was worried it was going to be another super long wait after being merit listed.

I had my medical and interview on feb 4th got a call with an offer on  feb 11th. That just might be my trade but it was pretty quick. Basic starts march 10th

kate.c1@hotmail.com said:
I had my medical and interview on feb 4th got a call with an offer on  feb 11th. That just might be my trade but it was pretty quick. Basic starts march 10th

Congrats! Glad to hear and it was quick and "easy".
What occupation is that?

Back