• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Being accepted for February or April?

Hi, just wondering, what are the chances of being accepted for February or April?

• Good

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Neutral

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
BobbyCarr57 said:
*All these trades are available at the moment, and I can be potentially hired for either of them. I've been told by some other members of the Forces, that I was basically in. I've just been sorting things, and waiting for over a year now so, I'm pretty nervous. What should I expect at this point?

I know for a fact combat engineer is closed talked to a recruiter this morning my other choices were infantry and plumber but he said I had to wait to wait until April I assume they are closed as well (I was on the jobsite couldn't hear everything)

I am new here, I applied for armed forces in december, did my cfat in january , qualified for all my applied positions and have my medical physical and interview this tuesday, I've read post about ppl waiting months to years for theirs, why is my process going so quickly ? Do I prepare to leave for basic soon (ie) prepare to leave for 14 weeks? Any information will help  thanks

seguin said:
I am new here, I applied for armed forces in december, did my cfat in january , qualified for all my applied positions and have my medical physical and interview this tuesday, I've read post about ppl waiting months to years for theirs, why is my process going so quickly ? Do I prepare to leave for basic soon (ie) prepare to leave for 14 weeks? Any information will help  thanks

I think I read that bmq is March 10 I could be totally mistaken its been a hard week lol

I hope all goes well  to be in the next bmq (fingers crossed) been having trouble sleeping more and more as my interview approaches , nervous and excited.

After my cfat, the army rc told me I qualified for everything I applied for so I have a choice, but my folder had crewman written ontop beside my name, does the cfat generate out of your job apps what you would best at..? Anyone know?

seguin said:
After my cfat, the army rc told me I qualified for everything I applied for so I have a choice, but my folder had crewman written ontop beside my name, does the cfat generate out of your job apps what you would best at..? Anyone know?

Did you apply for crewman?

Infantry soldier, armoured soldier, and vehicle tech-was told I qualified for all,

seguin said:
Infantry soldier, armoured soldier, and vehicle tech-was told I qualified for all,

You should expect to do one of the three choices you put down. If you do not want to do one or more of the trades you put down you should tell your recruiter. If you want to add/remove a choice you should call your CFRC ASAP, and tell them that. If and when said trade is hiring/accepting applicants that will mean another interview. If and when you get a letter of enrollment and you don't want to do the trade don't accept the offer and wait out for you want. It will be much harder to change your trade after you are already in.

Cheers

I  want the armoured,  I was jisy surprised never talking to the officer once he had that on my file, than we chatted for a few minutes about the job details n such

Well, I just got word from my recruiting centre that I have been "merit listed". So, the recruiter informed me to wait for a call, and he assured me that I was in the best possible position, before actually being hired. In regards to BMQ, I have been told before that if you're accepted into the Forces, you will be sent with the next available batch of recruits. The recruiter said that BMQ starts again every two weeks. My recruiter also informed me that all my trades were available and I could potentially be hired for either of them.

BobbyCarr57 said:
Well, I just got word from my recruiting centre that I have been "merit listed". So, the recruiter informed me to wait for a call, and he assured me that I was in the best possible position, before actually being hired. In regards to BMQ, I have been told before that if you're accepted into the Forces, you will be sent with the next available batch of recruits. The recruiter said that BMQ starts again every two weeks. My recruiter also informed me that all my trades were available and I could potentially be hired for either of them.

Congrats man, that awesome! Good luck :)

Hi to all,

I've been merit listed and awaiting a call for the MPAC, however, I would like to add a trade to my file (Infantry soldier), does anyone know if this is possible? I'm doubting that I would be able to make the change considering I've already completed my interview and have been cleared and merit listed.

I would suggest talking with your recruiting centre as soon as possible. When I added a trade, I had to do another interview for that trade, but I wasn't merit listed at the time so, I'm not sure on how it would work for you at this point. To be safe and 100%, just talk to your recruiter. I'm sure something will be able to work out for you. Once your merit listed, it just means your in a pool with other candidates and can be potentially hired. If you're offered a job, and you decide not to take it (since you want Infantry now), you'll probably have to go through some of the process again (mainly interview and merit listing). But, I've been told that Infantry is usually fairly easy to get in to. With all this being said, make sure to address the situation with your recruiter first.

Good luck to you.

The next selection date is march 18 so wait until after then to hear a call. I am in the process right now and am waiting for my interview and medical. I really hope that I get them done before March 18 because I want to go to basic in April. I too am super hyped and my girlfriend just left February 22nd for basic. Someone let me know how long it takes to get and interview and medical and how long it takes to process it all when finished. Thanks!

Re:ICS - There is no telling how long you'll have to wait only your MCC can give you that information. To give you a piece of mind my medical was done 3 weeks after my interview.

Good luck!

lCS said:
Does anyone here know if there is basic in May 2014???

If your reserves I am not sure, I know that Basic for Regular force is generally year round.

J_M_J_D said:
If your reserves I am not sure, I know that Basic for Regular force is year round.

Thank you so much! I am Regular force.

Found out that all the trades I applied for are beginning the selection process March 18th. Went to my CFRC and talked to a recruiter about it. They said I could expect a call anytime after or early April. Hope everything goes well!

Back