• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Benefits for Army Class A Reserve Officers

Gratitude1

Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to ask about the benefits for Army Class A Reserve Officers. Do they have medical and dental benefits? If so, how much are they covered? Also, do the benefits cover their spouse or children?

Are Army Class A Reserve Officers eligible for housing allowance, stand-by military flight and military accommodation?

I did not find much information on these.

Please advise.

Thanks very much!

Hey,

I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my ability and I welcome anyone with more knowledge than me to correct.

If we're talking about Officers (or any Reservist in fact) on Class A service then the answers are:
1. No Medical benefits while not on duty. So if you fall of the roof installing siding, your completely in the civilian system. If on the other hand, your cut your hand open installing razor wire for a defensive you will be covered medically, but only for the initial treatment, be it at a civilian or military hospital. On a case by case basis, depending on the injury, you may also be covered during any healing period. I believe you still have to prove that you lost out on employment during this period, but the rules may have changed that I'm not aware of.
2. Once you complete three months of service, you are eligible for Dental coverage. Note this is only if you don't have coverage elsewhere. See this link for details: Reserve Dental Care Plan Administrative Instructions - Canada.ca The fees are covered in the link.
3. You are not eligable for any type of housing allowance. You can get Rations and Quarters for training/courses depending on where it is held.
4. You can on the DWAN go to trenton.mil.ca, from the splash page you’ll find the 2 AMS or NPSC link, from there you’ll find “non-duty travel” booking forms if that is still a thing. Don't have my DWAN computer home tonight. I'll try to remember to check tomorrow at work.
5. I have not heard of Class A soldiers being allowed to rent military accommodation. Class B yes. I have on occasion rented a room in places like CFB Halifax for a function, but not living in.

Back