• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best Camo Fatigues?

jjronnie

Inactive
Reaction score
For you guys who have trained with other foreign armies, which country probably has the best camo for the typical Canadian forest region (i'm thinking Ontario, Quebec, Martitimes, etc)? I know Cadpat/Marpat are quite effective but they are hard for a civy guy to get a hold of. So other than those, which of the British DPM, American Woodland, German Flectarn, or Canadian Olive Drab would work best in these Boreal forest regions? I read an article where British DPM won a lot of NATO's personal concealment comeptitions, but i would like to know what you guys with experience think.

DPM. Buy it as new as you can and wash it in cold water only. It keeps the colours as bright as possible.  That's my 2 cents.

Not saying it's the best, but I've seen a set of faded Swiss Alpenflage work VERY well in the fall seasons in Canada. IIRC we also tried Cadpat, OD, and US woodland that day, but the alpenflage worked the best. But then again, that was one day in very specific conditions, so it's by no way representative of the overall worthiness of any of the patterns...

I perfer desert camo in the fall works better. Like one ex's i use arpat which works really good!

Pink bunny suit?  I think MARPAT has the LCF and the concealment factor down to a "T".  It's got that extra bit of brown that I thought CADPAT was missing.  Ive seen a few pictures of the USMC in training down south and it seemed to work quite well, but for some reason they were all wearing desert helmet covers? ::)

Cpl.Banks(Cdt.) said:
Getting ready for somewhere are they?? ::) ;D
looked like it.  but it still dosent make sense to me.  are they going to wear thier woodland ones over there?

Does everybody in the forces that gets issues CADPAT (TW) automatically get Deserts?

NO! you dont get issued Arid Region (desert) cadpat unless you are going to a region where that dress is needed.

I agree that CADPAT is too green for most areas/seasons... MARPAT is more on the money...

Check out Multicam if you are looking for stuff you can purchase commercially...

http://www.multicampattern.com/index.htm

I also think our black combat boots stick out and we should go to a roughed-out brown leather boot like the USMC...

http://www.danner.com/products.asp?catid=12&prodid=2226

I have a pair of Proper? American mil spec navy blue combats, they don't work to well around the bush but they repell water and other things really well and blend in to the dark/ shadows and are meant for more of the urban stuff. They are also great for camping and you can just wear the navy pants and not stick out.

Mike_R23A said:
I agree that CADPAT is too green for most areas/seasons... MARPAT is more on the money...

Check out Multicam if you are looking for stuff you can purchase commercially...

http://www.multicampattern.com/index.htm

I also think our black combat boots stick out and we should go to a roughed-out brown leather boot like the USMC...

http://www.danner.com/products.asp?catid=12&prodid=2226
WOW!!!  that stuff looks like it works quite well.  Gimme.

Gotta disagree on the multicam. I read an article where the U.S. tested the pattern, but it was Marpat thta came out ontop. Plus, you can tell the photos were pretty biased in favor of the Multicam (i.e. no bright or dark green vegetation). Sure it might work well in desert, afghan type areas. I personally don't think you can beat Cadpat for Jungle or Temperate conditions. Hell, to my untrained eye,  the Multicam just looks like faded flecktarn or woodland camo. Just my 2 cents.

As silly as it looks up close, the AUSCAM DPCUs does it for me, and is by far the best for our region. Thats me on the far left upper corner ;D

BTW, I hate the Americanisation of our clothing. Words like camo and fatigues make me cringe when used by our own citizens.

Cheers and cold beers,

Oh, thats a tin of Fanta in my hand by the way, and not a beer as I would have preferred, sadly I was on duty the night this pic was taken (AASAM 04 Singleton NSW Australia).

Wes

Oh, thats a tin of Fanta in my hand by the way, and not a beer as I would have preferred, sadly I was on duty the night this pic was taken (AASAM 04 Singleton NSW Australia).
Oh man, Fanta, i loved that stuff when i was a kid in Hong Kong. But i don't think they have that stuff here in Canada so some people might not Capice (sp?).

rifle_team_captain_13 said:
Oh man, Fanta, i loved that stuff when i was a kid in Hong Kong. But i don't think they have that stuff here in Canada so some people might not Capice (sp?).

Fanta (orange pop) is a Coke product, and its still common in Africa and around here. In Canada, Coke changed the name to Minutemaid about the early 80's. They taste the same though, just different marketing.

Ya, I reckon I am dating myself a bit, but anyone over 30 should remember it.

Cold Fantas,

Wes

Mmmmmm!

Fanta and Orange Crush. I remember them well, as did my family dentist!

Dye, sugar, water, artificial flavours and CO2. Great stuff when you're a young 'un!

Duke

Back