• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Big Fires Around Halifax

Barrington fire is now 19,000ha.

The new fire outside Halifax is spreading over to the NE of Larry Uteck. No rain in sight.

More Emerg Alerts for evacuations.

You could smell it at my house... And the air is all smokey now.

Apparently a new fire around Lunenburg...

We have the smoke from Barrington in our neighbourhood this evening. Enough to see and taste it.

Was driving home not long ago. Couple of dummies having a fire in front of their garage; 1 minute down the road from the fire station. We stopped and gave the fire station the address. Effin idiots.

Reports of train bridge set on fire in Stellarton. That’s not an accident IMO. I’m starting to see more comments on social media questioning if these are all accidentally and not intentional.

Barrington fire now holds the record for size in NS.

IMG_6655.jpeg

We have the smoke from Barrington in our neighbourhood this evening. Enough to see and taste it.

Was driving home not long ago. Couple of dummies having a fire in front of their garage; 1 minute down the road from the fire station. We stopped and gave the fire station the address. Effin idiots.

Reports of train bridge set on fire in Stellarton. That’s not an accident IMO. I’m starting to see more comments on social media questioning if these are all accidentally and not intentional.

Barrington fire now holds the record for size in NS.

View attachment 77860

I'm hearing people question the same thing.

Just watching some of the reports. I have no idea how these wild fires spread and shift but it seems weird that some fires are springing up in various locations.

There are people openly ignoring the province wide burn ban, even as late as 15 minutes ago.

I’m not a fire expert; some of the fires seem to be dissipating overnight as winds fade away and spark up again as winds pick up during the day.

Conditions today are being reported as extremely dangerous with near perfect conditions for crossover.

There are people openly ignoring the province wide burn ban, even as late as 15 minutes ago.

I’m not a fire expert; some of the fires seem to be dissipating overnight as winds fade away and spark up again as winds pick up during the day.

Conditions today are being reported as extremely dangerous with near perfect conditions for crossover.

I hope they get the maximum penalty.

Agreed and I hope the province can somehow up those penalties. I would love to see my provincial taxes pay for some time in cells for them.
Not really a viable option as those idiots would be unemployed and sucking off the government tit. How about a few weeks in the fire fighting trade? You get fed and a place to sleep but that's it.

Stop.... these kinds of fires can only be caused by climate change like in Alberta. There is ZERO chance it's anything more nefarious.

Forest fires contribute to global CO2 emissions, is there a way we can apply a tax to forests? Asking for the loonie left.

Arsonists/ pyros are also usually a big part of new fire starts for these big events.

Arsonists/ pyros are also usually a big part of new fire starts for these big events.
In fact arson is a lead in to serial offences - in addition to bullying smaller children and torturing animals - and bedwetting past an appropriate age.

OK there we are - sorry for the digression. Actually I'm not.

Be careful going off comments from social media. I remember when we had a fire flap surrounding our community I was living in at the time and social media comments were filled with rumours and fake news.

Checkout the map for info on various fires...

Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Centre​

The Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Centre (CIFFC) is a not-for-profit corporation owned and operated by the federal, provincial and territorial wildland fire management agencies to coordinate resource sharing, mutual aid, and information sharing. In addition, CIFFC also serves as a collective focus and facilitator of wildland fire cooperation and coordination nationally and internationally in long-range fire management planning, program delivery and human resource strategies.

So Mayor Savage has just confirmed that two people have been fined $25,000 each for Knucklehead fuckery ( open fires) and 25 more for going into the woods. $237.50 for those choices.
I saw him interviewed on the news this morning when he said some people had been fined under the "stupid legislation". I'm not sure it was a slip of the tongue.

I saw him interviewed on the news this morning when he said some people had been fined under the "stupid legislation". I'm not sure it was a slip of the tongue.

Not a slip of the tonque. Earlier this week he said “you can’t legislate stupid, so you legislate restrictions”.

He’s right and I don’t know anyone who’s been “offended” yet. If they are…maybe it’s because it’s accurate.

Here comes the cavalry. Well, kind of like the cavalry but, in these circumstances, more useful ;)

Back