• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

black hatter reunion in Ottawa on the 6th of october

Don Barry

Inactive
Reaction score
I am not an internet S.M.E. but i recognise a lot of the names.Iknow this is off topic but i dont know how to use this site.So what i am looking for from my prior regiment :The Royal Canadian Dragoons as i retired an L.D.S.H.(R.C.). Where the hell is Mike Cobanaglu,his Greece number is disconnected and his Ontario number does not answer.and i need him for the black hatter reunion in Ottowa on the 6th of october.http://www.strathconas.ca/board/  under old guard pinned.All black hatters are invited you just have to confirm with Mike  Fraser on the Strath line.Anybody knows where he is, send a message in my direction:yukondon28@hotmail.com and any old buddies from the Dragoons that remember me send me an e mail.
Don Barry
The bear from Montreal
Yukondon

Edited by Vern to correct typo in topic title.

I split this off and moved it to the Armour forum.

Have fun.

Quite a list of familiar names there at:  http://strathconas.ca/board/index.php?showtopic=954&st=0&#entry8499  I didn't realize so many were kicking around the NCR and Kingston Areas.  Of course Wild Bill down in NB would have a line on several others too.  ;D

So it currently looks like the agreed upon date will be 06 Oct 07. 

Don

I hope that as soon as Mike Fraser has come up with a Location, you will post it here.

Don Barry said:
I am not an internet S.M.E. but i recognise a lot of the names.Iknow this is off topic but i dont know how to use this site.So what i am looking for from my prior regiment :The Royal Canadian Dragoons as i retired an L.D.S.H.(R.C.). Where the hell is Mike Cobanaglu,his Greece number is disconnected and his Ontario number does not answer.and i need him for the black hatter reunion in Ottowa on the 6th of october.http://www.strathconas.ca/board/  under old guard pinned.All black hatters are invited you just have to confirm with Mike  Fraser on the Strath line.Anybody knows where he is, send a message in my direction:yukondon28@hotmail.com and any old buddies from the Dragoons that remember me send me an e mail.
Don Barry
The bear from Montreal 

and this is open to all past ncos and old still serving members i wouldnt mind and the other members too to see ex seving members from 40 to 199.All this is ,is a beer call and meeting,and a great adventure to get out of Dodge and meet your old camarades.Confirm with Mike on the strath old guard line and he will give ous a motel number toreserve at off season price.Looking forward to see all armoured old guard from Newfoundland to Ontario.

Don Barry

As for the oct 6 blackhatter par

Group: Members
Member No.: 325

Here's the latest on the bookings. I've reserved the lower level of the "Elephant and Castle" pub in Rideau Centre for 6 pm on Saturday, 06 Oct 07. Anyone can start showing up around 5:30ish if they so desire. This pub closes as of midnight, however there are a lot of bars/pubs within a 2 block radius for those who plan on making it an alnighter. For those who do not know Ottawa, the Rideau Centre is right beside the Parliament grounds, University of Ottawa, NDHQ, the Byward Market and a 3 minute walk from the National War Memorial.

I'm closing a deal with the Westin Hotel, which is attached to the Rideau Centre, to get a special rate for this reunion. I will have confirmation within a day or 2, and by Friday I will be able to post the hotel details and room rate. The good thing about the Westin is that all you need to take is the elevator and you will be at the pub. No need to go outside, drive or take a cab. I've talked to 4 other hotels in the immediate vicinity and their rates averaged $150 per night plus taxes/charges. These other hotels were either a 3 minute walk to a 20-25 minute walk from the pub.

I chose the Westin due to the fact that it is all under one roof and it is a nicer end hotel. I should be able to secure a rate somewhere around the $150 range when their regular rate is usually between $190-220. Standby for more details as soon as I get confirmation. I will post the exact rate along with the reservation number, hotel address and any other details that you will need to quote so as to get this rate.

I hope that most people will be happy with this plan. The Westin is the only hotel who was willing to accommodate a deal for us. I'll post the exact room details as soon as arranged.

Later...

Mike.

so there you go you guys that know the ottowa area,you can make your cheaper arrangements, this is open to still serving members and all till 109 lets meet and greet and talk about old times,myself wild billy Fawcett and Bruce Montrose are coming togethor from the east,I sure would like to see again all trades from the rcds,12rbc,8ch and straths that i served with since 76 to 96 and all others before and after.

heres a reason to get out of dodge for a couple of days.

Don Barry

P.S. check out the futur comments and confirm your arrival to the Strath Net address above. 

Good choice on short notice Don. 

Another advantage is that this location is at the Rideau Center which is basically the hub for OC Transpo, so it is easy to get to and from using the city buses.  The Westin is a nice hotel and for those coming from out of town, a good location in the mall to spend the downtime shopping.  Centrally located in the bar circuit, with "the Market" only a block away to the North, and Elgin Street, Sparks Street and Bank Street within walking distance to the South West.

So Wild Bill is bringing Bruce up from down East.......Interesting.  Thought Bruce had settled in Edmonton.  Will be nice to see those two again.  Looks like the Plan is coming together. 

Hello gents, I'm OCdt. Banks and I'm aspiring armoured officer, was wondering if it was at all possible that I could pop in and maybe soak up some of the experience. To be entirely honnest I don't know all that much about about my future trade and hopefully I would be able to learn a bit more. Thanks for any response.
Ocdt.Banks

Only a few days off. 

This topic has been rather quiet.

Everyone on "Radio/Electronic Silence"?

George Wallace said:
Fanatic Domestic

061730L Oct 07 Elephant and Castle.

Fanatic Domestic Out.

Platypus Fetch...  Sorry George, 9er Delta's just getting back froma week in Boredom, I mean Borden.  Platypus Fetch, Out

Hoof Hearted

Was down to the Elephant and Castle and there was a good turn out.  Mike Fraser and wife pulled off a decent job.  Twenty to Sixty were expected and twenty to thirty showed up.  If you couldn't find us, we were at the downstairs bar.  It was great to see a lot of faces from the past. 

Hoof Hearted Over

Back