• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Blood test at BMQ

Trecr

Inactive
Reaction score
I know we have to get a blood sample drawn at BMQ. Does anyone know what exactly is being tested for at St. Jean? I passed my medical (even though we didn't get blood drawn for that) and I have no medical conditions that I know of. I'm just really paranoid about them finding something I don't even know I have. If anyone who was just at BMQ can let me know what they are testing for, and if there is any chance people could end up being medically released from the CAF as a result of this test, that would be appreciated.

They test for standard medical illnesses such as diabetes, high cholesterol, etc. It's basically as if you got an annual check-up from your civilian doctor.

Some illnesses (E.G. diabetes) would exclude you from service, but generally this is just to get a baseline of your health and make sure you can meet Universality of Service.

They also specifically test for blood type (for your dog tags).
They also test for G6PD deficiency which is important for malaria prophylaxis later on. A deficiency is NOT cause for any concern, it simply means different precautions are taken if and when you need malaria prophylaxis later on.

Do they blood test on weekend BMQ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMei001 said:
Do they blood test on weekend BMQ?

Because i'm 40 yo, CF ask me for some blood test (fasting glucose, fasting cholesterol) + a ECG
and now my unit is asking for blood type for the dog tags (a other 38$ for the test here in Québec, i know elsewhere in Canada it's free by going to de canadian blood service)

I'm starting my BMQ december 1th at the Royal Montréal Regiment

Kerosen said:
Because i'm 40 yo, CF ask me for some blood test (fasting glucose, fasting cholesterol) + a ECG
and now my unit is asking for blood type for the dog tags (a other 38$ for the test here in Québec, i know elsewhere in Canada it's free by going to de canadian blood service)

I'm starting my BMQ december 1th at the Royal Montréal Regiment
Were in the same BMQ!! It’s the bilingual one in Westmount right?

It's suppoe to be in french but can't swear it but it's what they told me tuesday night
beacause they ask me if i want it in french or English, and the English one was on january 6th

"Because i'm 40 yo, CF ask me for some blood test (fasting glucose, fasting cholesterol) + a ECG
and now my unit is asking for blood type for the dog tags"

Because you are over 40 and a reservist, every time you have your PHA appt(medical exam for military health,very 2 years or thereabouts for over 40 y.o.), you will be asked to provide bloodwork from your family doctor with glucose and cholesterol, and documentation relating to any other medical condition you may have that could affect your ability to serve.
It should be routine stuff that your family doctor is already looking at for your health. If you wear glasses you will also have to provide a recent visual acuity for those appts.
The MIR *should* be able to test you for your dogtags, even if you are reserves. My MIR does, for reg force and reserves.

Back