• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ 2019 - Regular Force

Ha, thanks Gazorpazorpfield.

Hope to see you soon, but I doubt I'm going to go up to random people and say "Hey, were you Gazor on the milnet forums" lol. But I do hope we at least spot each other!

SomeCodingNobody said:
I was holding off on this for a bit since I wanted to post only when everything was done.

Recruiting Center: Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: DEO
Trade choice 1: Signals Officer
Trade choice 2: CELE Officer
Trade choice 3: N/A
Application date: March 6th, 2018
First contact: March 8th, 2018
CFAT: March 28th, 2018 (Passed)
Interview: May 9th, 2018
Medical: May 9th, 2018
Additional Med Forms: May 16, 2018
Competition list: Confirmed on July 3rd, 2018
Position offered: Communications and Engineering Officer (Air) (July 27th, 2018)
Enrolment: August 30th, 2018
BMOQ: September 10th, 2018

Overall, this was a lot speedier than I had anticipated. See you folks on the other side.

Edit: BMOQ, not BMQ. Officer!

Nice! Congrats on the offer!

Just a quick note. Congrats to the class of 2022, FYOP starting at 14:30 hrs with the Arch March, 25 Aug 18. We talk a lot about getting to that March on this wonderful site, we complain a bit, but it’s incumbent on all of us to recognize the incredible achievement of those that have been successful.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Edmonton
Trade choice 1: Armd Officer
Trade choice 2:
Trade choice 3:
Application date: 25 December 2017
First contact: 27 December 2017
CFAT: January 2018
Interview: Feb 2018
Medical: Feb 2018
Position offered: October 2018
Enrolment: December 2019
BMOQ: Jabuary 2019

Been a long year and lots of patience. Looking forward to this next chapter in life. Good luck everyone!

Update:

Recruiting Center: CFRC Ottawa
Trade choice 1: Naval Combat Systems Engineering Officer
Trade choice 2:
Trade choice 3:
Application date: 15 July 2017
First contact: 17 July 2017
CFAT: 22 Aug 2017
Medical: 13 Aug 2018
Interview: 6 Sep 2018
Med Approved: Sep 2018
Reliability approved: Sep 2018
Competition list: Sep/Oct 2018
Position offered: 26 Oct 2018
Enrolment: 12 Feb 2019
BMOQ: 25 Feb 2019

Good luck and thank you for all the help.

My file was a bit complicated in a few places, but here is my recruiting timeline:

Recruiting Center: CFRC Halifax, later moved to CFRC Victoria
Officer/NCM: Officer - DEO
Trade choice 1: Pilot
Trade choice 2: ACSO (dropped)
Application date: December 7, 2016
First contact: December 12, 2016
CFAT: February 18, 2016 - From a previous application
Air Crew Selection: May 3, 2017 - Successful all trades
References contacted : Uncertain
Recruiting Medical :  June 14, 2017
Interview: June 14, 2017
Additional Medical Documents Returned: September 8, 2017
Recruiting Medical : November 2, 2017 (incorrect forms used the first time through)
Air Crew Medical: April 18, 2018
Interview: May 31, 2018 (renewal)
Competition list: June 6, 2018
Offer: July 20, 2018 - ACSO (Declined)
Offer: October 31, 2018 - Pilot (accepted)
Medical: December (scheduled renewal)
Enrollment: January 10, 2019 (scheduled)
BMOQ: January 14, 2019 (scheduled)

Recruiting Center: CFRC Toronto
Trade choice 1: Electrical & Mechanical Engineer Officer (EME)
Trade choice 2: Signals Officer (SIGS)
Application date: 08 Dec 2016
First contact: 07 Jan 2017
CFAT: 24 Jan 2018 (passed)
Medical: 21 Feb 2017 -> 23 Apr 2018
Interview: 01 Mar 2017 ->07 May 2018
Medical supplementary documentation: 01 Mar 2017
Competition list: Aug 2017 -> Jun 2018
Position offered: 22 October 2018 - SIGS
Enrolment: 13 Feb 2019
BMOQ: 25 Feb 2019 (scheduled)

Thanks everyone, it was well worth the wait! See you all at BMOQ on 25 Feb 2019!

Waited until I got the call to make this! This forum helped immensely in figuring out what is normal and what isn't.
Advice I'd pass on: Don't harrass recruiters, but it seemed that every time I "checked in" on my application (every 6-8 weeks), things seemed to move along a little quicker. Recruiting team at Halifax was excellent -- always gave great friendly advice. Now to find the BMOQ prep threads....

Recruiting Center: CFRC Halifax
Trade choice 1: NWO
Trade choice 2: -
Trade choice 3: -
Application date: 1 January 2018
First contact: 9 January 2018
CFAT: 28 February 2018
MOST Test: 22 March 2018
Medical:6 June 2018
Interview: 18 June 2018
Med Approved: July 2018
Competition list: Aug 2018
Position offered: Oct 25 2018
Enrolment: Feb 7 2019
BMOQ: Feb 25 2019

I got selected as a Communication Electronics Engineering Officer (CELE) in the Airforce. I am going for my basic training at the BMOQ on Feb 25th, 2019. Is there any others are going for the training on that date? Is there any group in the Facebook or some other places that I can talk who will join soon!

Hello There,

Congrats on the selection Mahbub9803!
I'm heading to CFLRS Jan 7 as Combat Engineer.
I would be interested in hearing from anyone going at the same time. Any special way you are preparing for BM(O)Q?
I am a bit concerned getting sick...but that about it.

Cheers!

Hi Hedvig I am trying to do some exercise almost everyday to prepare myself for the training. I am not very good at swimming and mostly I am scared of that! I am trying to learn swimming but not sure how much I can do till the last time! If you do exercise I think you will not become sick. So try to start from now as we do not have much time! If you can send me a personal message then we can talk and when you will be there I will try to find you (if it is possible) when I will be there for the training.

Hi Tribry I am happy that at least I found one person who will join with me on the same date. I am very excited to go for the training! Hope we will complete it successfully and follow out path what we always wanted! Please send me a personal message then we can talk before we go to the BMOQ.

Damn glad to hear this. :)

Was a pleasure meeting you in Toronto.

Hi Xylric same here bud. I hope you will get some good news soon. It would be fun if we could start our BMOQ all together!

Mahbub9803 said:
Hi Xylric same here bud. I hope you will get some good news soon. It would be fun if we could start our BMOQ all together!

Would be nice and helpful - a stressful environment like that, having at least someone you already know in it alongside you definitely isn't a bad thing. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting to hear back as to whether or not I'm medically fit - a surgery I had in childhood *may* be an explicit problem for a pilot (though not necessarily for the Navy). Regardless of how things pan out on my end, I wish you luck.

I know this question may sound sexist, but CF DOES employ a different minimum fitness standard for males and females, with the female standard being a lot more generous.

So with the 5km march wearing 35kg of gear thing in the BMO training, does it also apply differently for the female members? or will I be asked to do exactly the same as men when marching? (The kg of gear I have to wear, time limit, etc.)

wannabeofficer said:
I know this question may sound sexist, but CF DOES employ a different minimum fitness standard for males and females, with the female standard being a lot more generous.

So with the 5km march wearing 35kg of gear thing in the BMO training, does it also apply differently for the female members? or will I be asked to do exactly the same as men when marching? (The kg of gear I have to wear, time limit, etc.)

Your pl does it together, all the same weight requirements.

wannabeofficer said:
This is wrong.  There is one minimum fitness standard for the CAF.

I’ve been selected for the Pilot trade and I head out to CFLRS Jan 12 for BMOQ, anybody else with the same start date???

Back