• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ/BMO 2022 - Regular Force

Gentlemen, Ladies,

I'd like to offer some candid advice for anyone going on these courses based on first hand experience and second hand discussions. Not looking to derail this but it's important.

MANY of you are showing up out of shape, specifically for marching and rucksack marching. People have all kinds of reasons why they're out of shape but at the end of the day the why doesn't matter.
What matters is people are falling out of PT and falling out of marches. This often leads to trips to the medics where people try to get medical chits saying no running, no ruck marching, no carrying kit. You follow everyone around in a vehicle or walking like zombies behind your peers marching. It's a shitty way to go through your course and a shitty way to start your military career. It sets your whole course up to be a back and forth about why you can't do anything.

You'll be marching everywhere you go. And just because you do PT in the morning doesn't mean you won't have a long march to do in the afternoon. A 5km march to the range carrying your kit, or a 10km march to your sleeping site.

Running is great but practice walking quickly with a heavy backpack. Go for a walk in the woods with a sledge hammer to simulate a rifle. Build up the muscles on your legs and arms.

Good luck.
Thanks buddy, trying to make sure I show up as fit as possible.

Recruiting Centre: Ottawa ON
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice : materiel management tech

Application date: 08 - 2021
CFAT: 01-2022
Medical: 02-2022
Interview: 02-2022
Competition list: 04-2022
Position offered: 06-2022
BMQ: 27 August 2022

Running is great but practice walking quickly with a heavy backpack. Go for a walk in the woods with a sledge hammer to simulate a rifle. Build up the muscles on your legs and arms.
How heavy is the backpack?
Another question is about running in winter, do you run outside in your tactical boots? I have tactical Underarmours, so I bought crampons for them to practice running in winter, but others are saying that in winter you're supposed to still run in your runners.

How heavy is the backpack?
Another question is about running in winter, do you run outside in your tactical boots? I have tactical Underarmours, so I bought crampons for them to practice running in winter, but others are saying that in winter you're supposed to still run in your runners.

If you've never walked with a heavy backpack start small. Maybe 25 pounds, then work your way up to maybe 55 or 60 pounds.

If your running wear running shoes.

Recruiting Center: Charlottetown, PE
Trade choice 1: [selected] Medical Laboratory Technologist (MedTech)
Trade choice 2: Meteorological Technician
Trade choice 3: Water, Fuels, Environmental Technician
Application date: January 4th, 2022
First contact: January 7th, 2022
CFAT: February 10th, 2022
CFAT Results: February 10th, 2022- Successful
Medical: April 12th, 2022
Interview: April 12th, 2022
Competition list: Sometime in April
Selected: June 28th, 2022
Position offered: August 16th
Enrolment: August 16th
Sweared in: August 31st
BMOQ: September 5th (leaving the 3rd)

Hi there!

Someone here doing the french BMOQ starting November 21th at st-Jean?
Would be nice to 'meet' some of you before 'the beginning' ;)

Cheers,
Sarah

Recruiting Center: Hamilton, ON
Trade choice 1: Boatswain
Application date: June 2021
First contact: June 2021
CFAT: June 2021
CFAT Results: Successful - deferred, reactivated end of June 2022
Medical: Aug 30, 2022
Interview: Aug 29, 2022