• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ January 13, 2014

AECGirl

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi!
Just wondering if there's anyone out there starting BMOQ with me on 13/01/14?
Look forward to meeting you!

I start on 13 January 2014 for BMOQ serial 0022.  (I think there are two different platoons that start that day)

You're right...there seem to be two, but I don't know which mine is! Did your CFRC tell you?

It's possible that there's an English platoon and a French platoon... that's what happened with the August 2013 BMOQ.

Ya my CFRC (Toronto) told me which platoon it was when they gave me the offer via email.

And on a side note based on the message by i_want_a_pmq, assuming the E and F at the end of the serial number means French or English, than it would appear ti be one French and one English Platoon.  Which makes sense as I'm in the one ending with an E

That makes sense...thanks for the info!
I'll call my CFRC to find out (I assume I'm in the English one, but I'm bilingual, so who knows!)
If so, I'll see you there, EME Hopeful  :D

Unless they asked I guess they would place you in the one that corresponds to the language of choice that you picked early in the application process. 

Ya probably will run into you at one point or another.  Where are you coming in from?

Anyone else there for the Jan 13 2014 BMOQ?

Yeah I'm sure you're right.
I'm coming from Timmins, Ontario (CFRC Sudbury).

To clear up possible confusion - the E or F does relate to language of instruction.

It is also just as likely they are running multiple platoons at the same time, as they are capped at 40 candidates.  I went though with 2 English Platoons, and one French.  I've heard of as many as four going through nearly simultaneously.

I also wouldn't get too attached to which serial you may/may not be attached with. I've known quite a few people to have been switched around before they got there, or shortly thereafter.

Either way - Good luck!

Ayrsayle said:
I also wouldn't get too attached to which serial you may/may not be attached with. I've known quite a few people to have been switched around before they got there, or shortly thereafter.

Either way - Good luck!

Cool, I didn't realize that they would just move people around like that unless it was for a recourse for something like injury/illness or something that would cause you to fall too far behind

EME Hopeful said:
Cool, I didn't realize that they would just move people around like that unless it was for a recourse for something like injury/illness or something that would cause you to fall too far behind

You won't be "behind" anything. Your training has fixed lengths, and serials have fixed dates. If you miss one or are moved, you move to the next course. There's no "best before" date to train you by, you're paid 24/7 anyways.

We're coming from Halifax:) both going into airforce logistics, what about you?

I'm Melissa by the way :)

Chris Chow, nice to meet you. 

I'm coming in from Toronto for Electrical and Mechanical Engineer  (Army)

LogoIrvine said:
We're coming from Halifax:) both going into airforce logistics, what about you?

I'm Melissa by the way :)

Congrats, at least I know where 2 of the supposed 6 or 7 LOG spots went to.  I have a partial bypass so IF I got/get selected will likely not know until near, or after the course commences.    I applied for Navy LOG.    Waiting for the other shoe to drop is soooo much fun.  Right up there with poking my eye out.

LOL just keep your head up :) it took me 2 years and two applications to get in and it took my friend Shelley 3 years to get in.  It is a hard trade to be selected for but if you are patient it is worth the wait :)

Hope it went well.  Just swore in today in Toronto.

The Captain in charge kept making joke about not forgetting your name

Back