• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ May 2011

Hey farley84.
I am also waiting for  BMOQ and I am also DEO for CEO and EME.
I hope we will be next in BMOQ.
Good luck for BMOQ May 2011 and for next BMOQ this year.

Good morning everyone,

English is not my first language, so please bare with me  :)

I applied as a DEO nursing officer this year, and I recently received information from my recruiter that there will be no Basic Officer Training Course available before late October..

..in case someone was wondering..*sight*

Edited: Oops ! Please BEAR with me..and *sigh* (it's a learning process  :-\)

NursyNurse said:
Good morning everyone,

English is not my first language, so please bare with me  :)

I applied as a DEO nursing officer this year, and I recently received information from my recruiter that there will be no Basic Officer Training Course available before late October..

..in case someone was wondering..*sight*

Edited: Oops ! Please BEAR with me..and *sigh* (it's a learning process  :-\)

Welcomto the forums, this thread is not applicable to your though so don't worry situation.

No problem but this BMOQ is for DEO candidates who were accepted much earlier or who are in the ROTP.  You are probably right about having to wait a long time for another BMOQ date.

Hello May 16th BMOQers! (and everyone else!)

How is course going? (assuming you have weekend/internet privileges and care to reply) I'm joining serial L0060E at the end of June for phase 2... I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Hoping I have everything I need and not too much at the same time : ) Let me know if there's anything particular I should bring that's not on the kit list!
Thanks!

md2b said:
Hello May 16th BMOQers! (and everyone else!)

How is course going? (assuming you have weekend/internet privileges and care to reply) I'm joining serial L0060E at the end of June for phase 2... I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Hoping I have everything I need and not too much at the same time : ) Let me know if there's anything particular I should bring that's not on the kit list!
Thanks!
What is phase 2?

CDN Aviator said:
The person that posted that is joining the course for the second "phase" of BMOQ only.
I am waiting for BMOQ and would like to know what is second "phase".

sky777 said:
I am waiting for BMOQ and would like to know what is second "phase".

Take one course, split it in two. Call the first half "phase 1" and the second half "phase 2".......all the same course. It not that hard to understand.

CDN Aviator said:
Take one course, split it in two. Call the first half "phase 1" and the second half "phase 2".......all the same course. It not that hard to understand.
Thanks..Nobody from CFRC told me about different phases in BMOQ.Your answear is appreciated.

sky777 said:
Nobody from CFRC told me about different phases in BMOQ.

Because it doesn't apply to you. You have to do the entire course. Other people join the course at a later date, usually because they have prior service as NCMs.

CDN Aviator said:
Because it doesn't apply to you. You have to do the entire course. Other people join the course at a later date, usually because they have prior service as NCMs.
Thanks

You're all correct : )

I was a cpl in the reserves before making the leap...thus I only have to complete the 2nd half of the course : )
If you have PLQ  as a MCpl you don't have to do any! Unfortunately, I didn't.

The only other time you might do phase 1 in one summer and phase 2 the next; would be if you're an ROTP/MOTP etc and your school summers aren't long enough to fit the entire course in! Otherwise it's much better to do the entire course at once... hence why no one mentions it to you. 

Hey sorry if this might be a foolish question to ask but how long is BMOQ? I've been searching and reading different peoples comments etc but for some reason peoples answers seems to vary from 10, 13 and even 15 weeks. So I was wondering if anyone could clear this up for me.

Thanks

Eastcoaster03 said:
Hey sorry if this might be a foolish question to ask but how long is BMOQ? I've been searching and reading different peoples comments etc but for some reason peoples answers seems to vary from 10, 13 and even 15 weeks. So I was wondering if anyone could clear this up for me.

Thanks

BMOQ is 15 weeks long for DEO and for those going to civilian universities under ROTP, and it is 11 weeks for those going to RMC.

hockey2010 said:
BMOQ is 15 weeks long for DEO and for those going to civilian universities under ROTP, and it is 11 weeks for those going to RMC.

Thanks for the response! Can be frustrating seeing a bunch of different answers everywhere.

Congrats to those who finished BMOQ this week, must feel good to be done!  :piper:

Back