• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ November 8 2010

Rememberance Day will be during our first week. I hope it will be inspiring to drive us to be the best we can be.

"Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it."

-Margaret Thatcher

JD

The question is, what is going to happen at CFLRS during remembrance day.  I can't think we will be in uniform (our third day) but I sure hope that we get to observe that parade or event.  it will for sure be a humbling event.

Looking forward to basic, but I am nervous about the fact that it is going to be happening so soon.

Arrival procedures & getting kit takes most of the first week so you will still be in civvies for the 11th, but everyone should be in appropriate civilian attire complete with a poppy when they first arrive at the green desk (I hope! My advice would be to put a few extra bucks in the Legion tray before you leave home and grab a couple extra poppies for if you lose yours or someone on your course needs one in a hurry).
I think it's probably better to look sharp in decent civvies to observe Remembrance Day vs. trying to get brand new uniforms/berets ready in that short amount of time and risk looking like a giant mess, although there may be some people that already have uniforms issued/ready from last year.
The staff may just have new platoons as guests at the base parade, similar to when the platoon goes on a grad parade as observers sometime in the first 7 weeks of the course.
I have never seen a time when courses/missions etc do not take time for Remembrance Day... but they may not let everyone stand-down to socialize at the mess after the parade!
Good luck on your course, it'll be over before you know it, you'll have made friends that you will have for life and be on to the next phase of training or employment!

Well myself and 2 others were sworn in yesterday.  Looking forward to the training, not looking forward to 5am.  Hope everyone has an amazing last few weeks and arrive healthy and ready for training.  It was weird being called to arrange my move and they addressed me first by rank.  I had to think for a minute that O.Cdt. X is actually me and not someone else.  The start of hopefully a long career has begun.

Back