• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ Sept 2010

I'm scheduled for BMOQ in St-Jean starting Sept 4... trade is ACSO (formerly Air Nav)

Howdy,

I start BMOQ Sep 6.  I'll be arriving by car the 4th.  I'm going in as AEC.  Looking forward to meeting you lads and lasses and getting down to business.

According to CFLRS there are four platoons starting in September for BMOQ. On September 6th there is one English and one French platoon and on September 27th there are two English platoons. Good luck to all that have been chosen to attend.

Pegcity said:
Is their a separate french BMOQ?

In general yes, but I am not there and don't know the exact dates.

The CF must offer all courses in both languages, which may not always happen on the really rare courses because the staff just can't be generated, but all the common courses are guaranteed to have French content taught by French staff.

CDN Aviator said:

I am not sure why you feel the need to disagree with everything, but I'm curious to see why you think so on this one.

Because the odd course isn't offered in French which goes against the general trend?  Can you please post a list of basic-level courses that are not taught in both languages?

I already stated above, there are cases when a rare course (Pathfinder or something of that nature) can't be staffed, or some course that is only taught in English because it specifically deals with something that is only used in English (Internet, joint operations, etc), but those are all the minority.  So what is false?

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/news-nouvelles/news-nouvelles-eng.asp?cat=14&id=2196

"The CF offers both Francophone and Anglophone Canadians the opportunity for equal employment, training and advancement"

Petamocto

If you were refering solely to the CFRS in St Jean or Borden, then you are correct. 

If you were refering to ALL CF courses, then you are wrong.  There are whole Schools that are English only, and forced to be by the poor and slow Translation services that are offered/forced upon us.

Petamocto said:
I am not sure why you feel the need to disagree with everything,

I'm not sure why you feel the need to post information that is clearly wrong.

Petamocto said:
The CF must offer all courses in both languages,

Notice how you said "all"

•all(a): quantifier; used with either mass or count nouns to indicate the whole number or amount of or every one of a class; "we sat up all night"; "ate all the food"; "all men are mortal"; "all parties are welcome"

So, lets go on..........

Petamocto said:
Can you please post a list of basic-level courses that are not taught in both languages?

All initial CF Aircrew courses are taught in English only.

Further to  that i will add the residential Basic EW course, the advanced EW course, Space applications course, Space operations course, i beleive the Aerospace Systems course is in english only.......Sea Survial Course, basic and Advanced SERE courses........

Back when i was teaching at CFSME, the QL6A and QL6B were taught in English. Assistance was provided to Franco students, but the course content was instructed in English regardless. Same was true for the phase 4 officer course.

Entire schools in the CF offer courses in English only. In fact, most of these courses taught at the schools require student to have a certain minimum proficiency with the english language in order to attend.

So, since you said ALL courses were offered in both languages, you are incorrect. Even if you want to stick to "cant be staffed"  you are also incorrect. If you are thinking "entry" level courses, you are also incorrect.

There are whole Schools that are English only, and forced to be by the poor and slow Translation services that are offered/forced upon us.

Other schools teach in English only because that is the language used the world over for the type of thing they do.

Yes I used the word "all", but immediately after that (in the same post), developed it further to state that I understood it not literally to be "every single one", but at minimum the common courses.

Petamocto said:
Yes I used the word "all", but immediately after that (in the same post), developed it further to state that I understood it not literally to be "every single one", but at minimum the common courses.

You should re-read what you posted....

Petamocto said:
Because the odd course isn't offered in French which goes against the general trend?

Anyways, we are derailing this thread so.......there's life in the CF outside the army, maybe one day you will see it.

:salute:

CDN Aviator said:
Back when i was teaching at CFSME, the QL6A and QL6B were taught in English. Assistance was provided to Franco students, but the course content was instructed in English regardless. Same was true for the phase 4 officer course.

Still is..... and so are the Recce Ops, Advanced Water Supply, BBE, Heavy Equipment, Advanced Bridging.....etc......

CDN Aviator said:
...there's life in the CF outside the army, maybe one day you will see it.

That is not at all applicable to what I posted.

I was specifically talking about the most basic courses such as BMQ and BMOQ that are all elements and trades.

Thank you for the kidney punch though.  ;)

The Canadian Forces latest and oldest "Officer Cadet" here.
Did my enrollment tonight (thank you very much).

Very proud and looking forward to (reserve) BMOQ starting this month in Ottawa.

Cheers,

Class-Senior.

Back