• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ-April 2009

I finally got my call on friday. I swear in on Tuesday the 7th and BMQ on the 20th. Anyone else start on the 20th?

SoldierInTheMaking said:
Congrats man I thought April was all full, guess not.
Good Luck though!

Just wondering did you get any reply from your cfrc about your medical?

borat said:
Just wondering did you get any reply from your cfrc about your medical?

I should be getting a letter tomorrow morning, I came up unfit :mad:, I think because of asthma I had when I was a baby but I'm going to get more info about it from my doctor, and hopefully I can change the RMO's mind.

SoldierInTheMaking said:
I should be getting a letter tomorrow morning, I came up unfit :mad:, I think because of asthma I had when I was a baby but I'm going to get more info about it from my doctor, and hopefully I can change the RMO's mind.

that sucks

After reading this it's given me a TINY bit of hope. I got a letter yesterday stating that I am now medically fit to be in the CF and i have no medical limitations at all. (Bee Sting allergy issue.. had to get testing to prove I didnt have it, and I DONT!)
I am taking the letter into the CFRC in Barrie here tomorrow morning to hopefully be merit listed.
I am PRAYING at this point that I get to come to St. Jean with you guys this month, if not it sounds like I will be waiting until June as BMOQ is taking over for the entire month of May (so I hear). I will update tomorrow if I find anything out regarding my start date!
All the best and good luck guys/gals.
Luke.

well at least you know whats going on with your application, mine is just screwed because when i called them 1 week after my references were called the person who was on the line was asking me weird questions like whether i completed my c-fat,medical,interview or not and so on.. probably going to call them tomorrow and find out whats going on with my application.

borat said:
that sucks

LukerB,

Congrats on finally passing that hurdle and being accept for BMQ. You saw what needed to be actioned and corrected it to the point where you will realize your goal. BZ = Bravo Zulu.

If you really want something you will look to acheive it instead of just saying it sucks, or some one has screwed up my situation.

Hey I just got my Job offer today, and start BMQ April 20th..I am so pumped

Thank you again for the kind words, Kratz. Much appreciated.
After going in today I am OFFICIALLY being merit listed! The recruiter has passed my file onto a career counselor and informed me that they will merit list me for a job offer. I am so excited that all i have to do now is wait for the phone call. I am praying that I get into BMQ this month. I will update once I get any kind of info guys.
On a side note.. how long does it usually take to get a call once you're merit listed? i've applied to Infantry PPCLI as my only choice if that makes a difference. I've heard it usually only takes a few day's for the call once you're merit listed, but just want to make sure.
Best of luck everyone and like I said I will update soon!

borat said:
well at least you know whats going on with your application, mine is just screwed because when i called them 1 week after my references were called the person who was on the line was asking me weird questions like whether i completed my c-fat,medical,interview or not and so on.. probably going to call them tomorrow and find out whats going on with my application.

Borat, don't just give up or anything like that. I know it's a pain to go through but if you are determined that the military is right for you then you need to fight their decisions. It took me five months to get to where I am now and it doesn't always come easy for people to get in. If you work hard for it, you'll want it even more then others in the end. Could prove useful once you get to basic and you remember how hard you worked to get there.
On a side note, I was asked those same questions today when I went in with my letter saying I was now medically fit. It may just be standard questions he is asking you to make sure you're good to go. Once he looked at my file, he realised I was done everything and set me up to be Merit listed. You should GO IN and talk to someone about where your file is at right now and if there is anything you can do. Don't say "I'm PROBABLY going to call them tomorrow" to see what's up. DO IT. Better yet, go in and talk to someone. They are there to help you out and by the sounds of it you have no medical problems that came up. Sounds like you're in a much better position then a lot of the people on these forums just starting out.
Best of luck and let us all know how it goes for you or if you hear anything.
Luke.

LukerB said:
Thank you again for the kind words, Kratz. Much appreciated.
After going in today I am OFFICIALLY being merit listed! The recruiter has passed my file onto a career counselor and informed me that they will merit list me for a job offer. I am so excited that all i have to do now is wait for the phone call. I am praying that I get into BMQ this month. I will update once I get any kind of info guys.
On a side note.. how long does it usually take to get a call once you're merit listed? i've applied to Infantry PPCLI as my only choice if that makes a difference. I've heard it usually only takes a few day's for the call once you're merit listed, but just want to make sure.
Best of luck everyone and like I said I will update soon!

You won't get any sort of special treatment, I applied for infantry (PPCLI) and I had to play the waiting game. I don't know how it works, I got my BMQ offer about a week ago for 27 Apr, but people are getting calls today, for BMQ on 20 Apr. I'm stumped, anyone have some insight?

I am guessing spots opened up and they got loaded where the spots were.  Or something else entirely....  :-\

Yeah that's pretty weird eh? Maybe it's the recruiting center you're at filling their quota for the certain dates..? That's my best guess, but I'm really not educated at all as to why that is.
Congrats on your offer though, I hope I get mine soon. And no, I was not implying that I would get any sort of "special treatment."

I called them and found out that I was merit listed on Friday last week.

There ya go Borat, see? Something to be happy about! Sounds like you moved through the process VERY fast.. you should consider yourself lucky!
Let us know when get the call.

Hopefully you'll get your call soon. This might be out of topic, but I think it might help. Set a timer on your watch for every 30 minutes, and get down and do 20-25 push ups every 30 minutes. The first few days are torture but you get used to it.

lil_pen said:
I finally got my call on friday. I swear in on Tuesday the 7th and BMQ on the 20th. Anyone else start on the 20th?

Congrats on getting your call, bud. I start on the 20th, too. :)

Thanks for the advice stefwills, I'm trying to keep the 20-25 range on my pushups.

Congrats man I am starting the 20th as well, hopefully i can shake this chest cold before i go though really would suck starting out sick

Back