• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ-April 2009

mr.rhtuner said:
Well I got my job offer today.  I swear in this thursday, and I fly out on April 11th from London to Toronto, then fly from Toronto to Quebec.
I wonder if the plane from Toronto to Quebec will be 1 separate flight with most military members or will it be throughout the whole day?

Would be nice to meetup with some of you so we aren't all strangers when we get there haha

I am also from london, hoping to get the call this week. If i get in for april 13th we should grab a beer sometime!

odie said:
yo thunder see if you can exchange your plane ticket from Toronto to Quebec, and jump on a train with me! its almost half the price from flying from Toronto to Dorval(i just looked it up cheapest flight is $138 with taxes, train is only $72) If not no worries we'll meet up in the airport before the shuttle bus.

Odie, I just called the recruiting center to double check what I was told and yes as other said, they are booking my air tickets today from London to Toronto, then from Toronto to Montreal.  At 3:00pm in Montreal there will be a shuttle driver waiting for me(us) to drive to the base.

Mosher said:
I am also from london, hoping to get the call this week. If i get in for april 13th we should grab a beer sometime!

Why is your name so familiar haha, are you close with the application? did you do your interview/medical and now waiting on the background check?

Why is your name so familiar haha, are you close with the application? did you do your interview/medical and now waiting on the background check?
[/quote]

Everything is done. My medical cleared. And they said that as soon as my file gets back from where it was approved i will get a call with a start date. Which i would think would be late this week.

Dosgh0st said:
Nice man, I'm getting sworn in on April 2nd, flying out of Edmonton on the 11th for the 13th BMQ. I'm also going for Infantry with the PPCLI

Hey hey, I got my offer for Infantry with PPCLI. I'm not heading out as soon as you guys, but I'm getting sworn in on the April 17th, and flying out of Moncton on the 20th.
Cheers!

GreenGoblin said:
Hey hey, I got my offer for Infantry with PPCLI. I'm not heading out as soon as you guys, but I'm getting sworn in on the April 17th, and flying out of Moncton on the 20th.

Congratulations!

I'm flying out of Toronto on the 19th, for the coruse that starts on the 20th.    Do you mean you're flying there for the 20th, or on the 20th?  I'm just a little confused.

rjr said:
Congratulations!

I'm flying out of Toronto on the 19th, for the coruse that starts on the 20th.    Do you mean you're flying there for the 20th, or on the 20th?  I'm just a little confused.

Thanks, and congrats to you, too!

Woops, yeah.  I went to get my package and got it reclarified, since all I heard on my crappy phone was a bunch of dates thrown at me. I'm flying out on the 19th and the course starts on the 20th.  So, we'll be there at the same time.  :p

Huaa.

woohoo heading in this morning (mar 26th) for my swearing in ceremony. Apr 6th BMQ here I come!

Just got the call. WOOO, i start April 13th. See you all there.

People who were called yesterday got the 20th,  and you got a call today for the 13th??  I wonder how they figure that out

Don't know, that is weird. But maybe it depends on where your from and what trade you signed up for.

They just called me back and told me im leaving april 4th to start for april 6th!!!!!

I also got the call yesterday. Flying out 11th starting on the 13th. I'm driving up from St.Catharines.

newell said:
I also got the call yesterday. Flying out 11th starting on the 13th. I'm driving up from St.Catharines.

Sooo are you flying or driving then?  ???

Congrats to all of you leaving early, not sure why me and rjr got later dates, but it might be because of where we are. Ah well. I didn't think Moncton was that far from Quebec.

I'll be seeing you guys in your slick uniforms.  :p

Hopefully I make it on course in April, my medical is taking soooo long, it's a bit frustrating and I'm a bit worried at the same time but I haven't got a letter in the mail yet so hopefully they're just all backed up with medicals, I'd like to get on the April 20th course but I'll just have to wait and see, phone will be at my side 24/7 :p

Dylan

They said they tried to get me in for the 13th, but then said all of April was booked. I only got the 6th because someone dropped out. If i didn't accept the offer for April 6th i would have started may 9th. They called me like 3 times today.

And it took 6 weeks for my medical to go through. Good luck to all of you, I hope you get the call back soon!

Mosher said:
They said they tried to get me in for the 13th, but then said all of April was booked. I only got the 6th because someone dropped out. If i didn't accept the offer for April 6th i would have started may 9th. They called me like 3 times today.

And it took 6 weeks for my medical to go through. Good luck to all of you, I hope you get the call back soon!

6 weeks eh well that makes me feel a little bit better I think mines going on like 5, and that really sucks that April is full, hopefully someone drops out haha. Looks like I'll be celebrating my 19th birthday at BMQ, awesome, should be fun lol.

Back