• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ - April 2012

I have not gone through BMQ/BMOQ (yet), but all of the information I have seen from CFLRS states that you have to report in on the Saturday before the course starts.

chughes said:
ok in this case I believe Im on the 23rd course then :D lol

I believe that to be correct. I'm flying from Toronto on April 21, and the course starts April 23.

chughes said:
I dont know, I live in Petawawa and will be driving there. This is my second attempt at basic lol last time I arrived just one day before and we sat around all day sunday...

Out of sheer curiosity, what happened the first time you went through basic?

Deelo said:
Out of sheer curiosity, what happened the first time you went through basic?

It was nothing related to basic had some issues to sort out at home, i made it to week 5 too :( to think I have to do it all over again lol

Don't feel bad I actually graduated BMQ and have to redo it all when i rejoin...tis the military

Jhunt said:
Don't feel bad I actually graduated BMQ and have to redo it all when i rejoin...tis the military

Lol oh man, there was someone on my first course like that, but it was his second attempt, he was getting ready for his graduation and he told the course senior to F off and they actually sent him back to week one with our platoon which he later quit, didnt wanna do it all over again

Wow he is an idiot haha. I was graduated everything totally done was on to training. Oh well rules in the CF are always changing it's just how it is.

good luck to those on basic soon

chughes said:
Lol oh man, there was someone on my first course like that, but it was his second attempt, he was getting ready for his graduation and he told the course senior to F off and they actually sent him back to week one with our platoon which he later quit, didnt wanna do it all over again

While I'm sure that insubordination is taken very seriously, I have to think that there would be more than a single incident which prompted a recourse.

chughes said:
It was nothing related to basic had some issues to sort out at home, i made it to week 5 too :( to think I have to do it all over again lol

It will be fine. We'll all work as a team and make it through.

Congratulations guys.

More and more people are getting the call! Still here waiting and crossing my fingers.

So I swear in in 2 days!!! Seems like the time flew by since I received my call!! Anyhow can someone accept my request for the facebook account please :) I sent the request earlier today...Thanks :)

Hey, finally someone else in my boat...  Other than myself you're the only person I know of being sworn in before the end of March, same day actually.

Our Facebook group leader is usually pretty quick to accept requests, but I haven't seen him comment on anything all day; I'm sure he'll accept your request sometime tonight.

Ya I guess they had extra money to spend before year end so other positions came available :)
I just wanna start basic to see what it's gonna be like...and the sooner we start the sooner we finish lol!!

Congratulations to those who have received the call!

However, for those of us that are waiting, I remind you that it is a good idea to keep busy (my  :2c:). To give you an idea, I have been focusing on my weaknesses; I do strict push-ups, sit ups, and flutter kicks daily, swimming three times a week, doing cycling/yoga classes three to four times a week, cross fit every three to four days, reading the army.ca forums daily, and am learning French through Rosetta Stone, with plans to include some Microsoft Excel and Access tutorial videos to my daily regime.

Whatever you decide to work on, make it count!

Bridger said:
Hey, finally someone else in my boat...  Other than myself you're the only person I know of being sworn in before the end of March, same day actually.

Our Facebook group leader is usually pretty quick to accept requests, but I haven't seen him comment on anything all day; I'm sure he'll accept your request sometime tonight.

Out of curiosity, would that be the group in my signature?

If so, sorry for the delayed acceptances. I'm usually quick to do so but I worked a tone this week and for some reason, I can't accept request on my phone.

I sware in on the 11th leave on the 14th and start bmq on the 16th! My trade is infantry soldier. Very excited!

Has anyone else taken an infantry soldier position and will be taking the April bmq?

Back