• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ AUG 21 - St. Jean

Good. i bet when i swear in there will be a few jeans around.

FYI i was up at 5am thismorning cause I'm so excited about swearing in.(although my brain has yet to wake up)

When I was sworn in a week ago I slept the day before then got up at 10:00pm and pulled an all nighter.  I had a ride picking me up at 6:00am and it was the easiest way to adjust to make sure I was wide awake. ;D

ArmyDave said:
Probably a day or two before I leave. ;)

There's some more pics of my swearing in ceremony at the following URL if anyone is interested:

www.armydave.com/images.php

WOW, you guys had a bigger room than us too!
We only had 8 people, 4 male, 4 female, all leaving at the same time August 20th. The guys were dressed pretty conservatively, the same with the girls, except for one girl wearing jeans....and no, that was not me. My mother would have killed me! They all seem like really cool people.

techie, get yourself used to getting up at 5....I actually have been enjoying it at 5am since the kids aren't awake until 8am on most days....hehehe

yeah, after my last shift tomorrow, i plan on starting to go to bed at around 11-12ish and waking up at 5. Ive just got to find stuff to keep me busy during the day, other then my running.

Well, there are tons of things to keep ya busy.
Have you finished your autobiography yet? If not, thats something to do. You will also have your security clearance form you can fill out and have done before arival in St Jean(man is it long!). Take on a temporary volunteer job, maybe with a local charity or something...

or you can come out here and take care of my kids so I can grab a break....lol

edit:
Guess I should post a pic, eh?
One of my kids and I with my certificate. That certificate is as much theirs, as it is mine...lol

swearinginjuly312006withkids.jpg

I don't have any of those forms yet, ill be getting them today. I will do my autobiography.

*shudder* young kids.... not my most favorite pastime. Ill stick to sitting an picking my nose thanks  :p

techie said:
*shudder* young kids.... not my most favorite pastime. Ill stick to sitting an picking my nose thenk  :p

They are good kids.....and love to play video games...you know you wanna....hehe ;D

Ill pass thanks. Although..... thay are just the right size so i could hurl them across the room.

Yay, im now sworn in.... and there was 2 people... in shorts and sandles... 2.... shorts... sandles.... swearing in... COMEON... and they were both officers... lol

techie said:
Yay, im now sworn in.... and there was 2 people... in shorts and sandles... 2.... shorts... sandles.... swearing in... COMEON... and they were both officers... lol
;D Perhaps, not for long.  ;D

i should clarify, the 2 guys in shorts and sandles are officers recruits.

oh, 10 days to go, and my course # is 0279

Congrats Techie!

I guess you are on a different course than I....I'm 0280

Congrats Techie and awesome pictures Dave and Springroll. You guys haven't done your clearence forms yet? I guess in Saskatchewan we do things a little backwards! They specifically told me to have the form done and bring it in for the swearing in, which is in two more days! ;D

Rory said:
Congrats Techie and awesome pictures Dave and Springroll. You guys haven't done your clearence forms yet? I guess in Saskatchewan we do things a little backwards! They specifically told me to have the form done and bring it in for the swearing in, which is in two more days! ;D

They said i just have to have it done before i go to St-Jean

Awwww , Good ol' Military. Get use to nothing ever going right or the ' way it should be '.

techie said:
i should clarify, the 2 guys in shorts and sandles are officers recruits.

oh, 10 days to go, and my course # is 0279

Officer Cadets...unless..they are going Navy...then they are Naval Cadets....either way, Subordinate Officers, rather than Commisioned Officers.

;)

CF Rank Structure...should be during your first week.  ;D

Congratulations Techie, I'll be on course 0279 with you. In regards to the clearence forms, I was told to bring it to St. Jean as well, but you've got me worried now Springroll, I'm looking at the form right now and there were only a few boxes I thought I had to fill in, am I mistaken or is the form only long in appearance?

Back