• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ August 2007 - ALL locations

Are you sure that is your platoon number and not your course serial?

gman620 said:
mines grant, hey have you done the fitness self evaluation?

I've taken the sad numbers they've got listed on the site and made sure I trump them. (11:56 2.4k run, like 20pushups/situps. )
If there's another one I'm not all that aware of it, I'm still letting my leg heal up from hurting it when training for running so I might not be able to do that part. Is that what you're referring to?

While I'm posting here, has anybody had any better luck than I have to get legal size lined paper for their autobiography. I've typed one up and am ready to copy it out by hand, but the requirements list legal lined paper instead of letter (regular 8.5x11, they're asking us to use 8.5x14 for anybody who hasn't noticed). Not sure why it is but the only place I could think of to get it (Staples) doesn't carry legal lined paper. Or at least didn't at the time.

yeah I found some 8.5 by 14 I live in Brandon and we have a store called Christies office plus and they carry 2.56 for a hundred sheets.  I can do all the fitness test except my push ups are sad, I hope they let you improve on one thing with out going to warrior platoon.  I dont know if "legal" paper is a term or something to do with the legal system, but maybe try a lawyers office, if they have it they love money im sure they'd sell you some.

Gman I'm on the same boat as you man. I broke my collar bone a few months back and I still cant do as many pushups as i could. I'm still trying to improve my pathetic 27 pushups. What are you at for pushups right now, and whats your course date?

I got my 8.5x14 paper at staples, but I had to buy it in a five pack of pads and it was like 15 bucks!!  :rage:

Romulus said:
Gman I'm on the same boat as you man. I broke my collar bone a few months back and I still cant do as many pushups as i could. I'm still trying to improve my pathetic 27 pushups. What are you at for pushups right now, and whats your course date?

Lucky you, http://www.forces.ca/v3/engraph/resources/howtojoin_en.aspx?bhcp=1 if you check the physical fitness guide the pushups required are only around 20 I believe (The PDF just keeps locking up on my PC for some reason). 27 is above the requirement so no warrior platoon for you. Personally I've heard there's a beep test when we arrive to make sure we don't need a warrior platoon and having recovered from a shin splint for about a week and a half before I go I'm hoping I'm up to par for the running requirements.

I'm hoping Canex might have some legal paper because at this rate I'm assuming I might have to write my autobiography up on letter and just rewrite it when I get there.

fitness standards for males under 34
Push-ups 19
Sit-ups 19
Hand Grip 75Kg
Level 6 on the shuttle run
not much to it

Wish I could tell you, but they took  a few of my pages after i signed them and kept them seperate. the only thing i have is a nother course package and benifits, contact info, pay/trade info, plane ticket.
i leave august 26 for august 27-nov 30 bmq

yeah I cant even do the 19 push ups, gets better every day though, and to top it all off I just got a really bad cold.   I would think they are reasonable though with the test, like if your close you can improve.  (I hope) anyone leaving 19th from Winnipeg?

gman620 said:
  I would think they are reasonable though with the test, like if your close you can improve. 

if you dont pass....you go to RFT platoon, you can improve there

Back