• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ - August 2011

CFRC Saskatoon, joining you all on August 29 for ACISS (Signal Operator). Counting the days!

Wow, there's a lot of people going on Aug 29th.
Out of the 18 going in August, 15 are enrolled for the 29th... and about 8 of them are from Alberta.

Donovanpayne said:
Going in as an AC Op too! Just got my official word today.

Congratulation's on the offer. ;D  It's great knowing another AC Op will be at BMQ at the same time.  Look forward to meeting you in person.

GMK said:
Congratulation's on the offer. ;D  It's great knowing another AC Op will be at BMQ at the same time.  Look forward to meeting you in person.

Same here! I was worried about being the only one for the strange reason.

Oddly enough, they gave me the job offer, I accepted, then I brought to their attention the fact that I would need to do an air crew medical (just booked that now). Now I'm paranoid again that I might fail that and then my job offer will be gone hahah.

Got the official offer today! Leaving Edmonton on August 27th, starting BMQ on August 29th.
I'm assuming everyone else from Edmonton leaves the same day I do?

Can't wait to meet all of you!

Oh, I also sent a request to join the facebook group... someone let me in!

Yes, I leave Edmonton on the 27th also. I am going to call my file manager tomorrow to get more details of when the swearing in ceremony is and who all we can invite to it.

Will probably see the Edmonton area folks at the airport.

Still waiting on that facebook group so I can talk to you guys about stuff. Anyone know who started it?

Hey Ruthie, I believe the user "thunderjunk27" is the one who started the facebook group. :camo:

HI,

I wont be at the BMQ for the 29th / but i'll be waiting for all those coming to GAGETOWN after this to start the armoured courses // there at the end of may,

See you there  ;D

Just got a call from the CFRC (Toronto).
Got my offer and BMQ date.

ACISS
August 1st

See you guys there! WOOO!  ;D

Hey I'm out of town until tomorrow and I can't add anybody to the facebook group on my phone. I promise to add ya Ruth as soon as I get home.

Thunderjunk27 said:
Hey I'm out of town until tomorrow and I can't add anybody to the facebook group on my phone. I promise to add ya Ruth as soon as I get home.

I sent a request as well :)

Donovanpayne said:
Same here! I was worried about being the only one for the strange reason.

Oddly enough, they gave me the job offer, I accepted, then I brought to their attention the fact that I would need to do an air crew medical (just booked that now). Now I'm paranoid again that I might fail that and then my job offer will be gone hahah.

I am surprised they didn't book you in for one when you applied for it in the first place. It takes a month or two, after your tests, before you will find out your air factor. The send the results to Ottawa for approval. As long as you are healthy you should get it. You don't need your air factor before you go to basic anyways, I could be wrong, so I wouldn't worry. Maybe someone with more knowledge about AF occupations can way in.

Got my call 2 days ago.
Signing my papers in 2 weeks then goin to ottawa for the mass swear in.
AWS tech
see yas there

Got my official offer today. Heading out of Halifax on the 27th for training on the 29th, doing Naval E-Tech. August can't come soon enough.

Back