• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ to DP1 to Unit?

westernarmymember

Inactive
Reaction score
Have a family member currently in BMQ and as near as I can tell from searches, the next step for him would be DP1 Armoured. I assume this takes place @ CTC Gagetown? Now the important question: does a young married trooper have the option to move his family with him for DP1 or must he wait until he is posted to a Sqn? I believe DP1 seems short, at 14 weeks, for a move of DF&E. Is the trooper posted to a unit from DP1?

Bin Rat MWO said:
Have a family member currently in BMQ and as near as I can tell from searches, the next step for him would be DP1 Armoured. I assume this takes place @ CTC Gagetown? Now the important question: does a young married trooper have the option to move his family with him for DP1 or must he wait until he is posted to a Sqn? I believe DP1 seems short, at 14 weeks, for a move of DF&E. Is the trooper posted to a unit from DP1?

Yes his DP1 course will be conducted at Gagetown, and he will be living in the shacks. So having the family moved down is not an option (I think).

Also he may do his SQ also at Gagetown.......

The DP1 Crewman course conducted at the Armour School (located at CTC Gagetown) for all Regular Force Crewman includes the SQ Course content. After the DP 1 course the candidates normally remain at the school for a bit before being posted to their units. It would be unusual for a DP1 candidate to have his DFE posted to Gagetown prior to Graduation. If he is then posted to the School or 2 RCR his DFE will then indeed be posted to Gagetown, but again this is normally once he has passed. The guys I have been getting from the School (I'm in the field force) have been conducting their "moves" after their posting to the unit. Having said that there may well be exceptions. I suppose he can always ask.

I'd plan on him undergoing a six month separation at Gagetown (which includes the period spent at the school after Grad), but his mileage may vary!

Cheers,

T2B

Back