• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Buying points and having them randomly taken away.

You can choose not to play the game.
You can choose not to spend any money on it.
You can choose to wait until the Milpoints management rules change, if they ever do, before you do either of those things.
You can also choose to accept that others can use the Milpoints system as it is designed, and if your posts attract demerit points, then examine how you present your opinions.

It's all up to you.

Is anybody actually tracking who is doing the most giving points and taking away of points? I don't particularly worry about milpoints - but, what's to stop me from targeting someone and constantly taking away their milpoints? Or giving them tons of milpoints? If there isn't strict control of this, and a process for correcting malicious giving/taking away of points, it really ought to be separated from anything purchased for purpose of the game. To me, it seems simplest to create "Afghan Ops" points which are the ones that can be purchased, and keep them entirely separate from milpoints.

Another option, but I'm just brainstorming here (ie, not actually sure this would work at all) would be to allow people to still purchase milpoints, but then transfer them to "Afghan Ops", and once they are transferred, they are "safe" and can't be taken away for whatever reason on milnet...

Michael O'Leary said:
You can choose not to play the game.
You can choose not to spend any money on it.
You can choose to wait until the Milpoints management rules change, if they ever do, before you do either of those things.
You can also choose to accept that others can use the Milpoints system as it is designed, and if your posts attract demerit points, then examine how you present your opinions.

It's all up to you.

These individuals spend money on this site.

They should be viewed as valuable a resource as subscribers.

Shamrock said:
These individuals spend money on this site.

They should be viewed as valuable a resource as subscribers.

Who are these gamers that have had all these points stripped from them?

Has it even happened yet?

Can you point to examples proving that this is a real concern?

Their points, and their status, are of no concern to me.

I just think a cavalier attitude towards those who are willing to financially support this site is untoward. 

Seeking factual confirmation of an alleged system of points-deletion based on a single offhand comment is hardly cavalier.  The site owner has acknowledged the observation and said he'll investigate other options.  Unless someone can show that it's happening, it's all just theory and beating the horse isn't helping to establish whether or not it's even a real concern at this time. Prolonging the discussion, however, is certainly offering the idea up to those trolls who might wish to use it as a system to attack others.

I suppose in the interim the site owner can just close down the purchase of points, to save these alleged victims from the possibility that something they say on the forum may lead to the removal of points by those who are offended by their posts.

Alright, you've hammered your point in.

I've no truck in this topic and am merely prolonging the non-existant.  I would, however, like to thank you for confirming just why it is I can't be bothered to subscribe.

Shamrock said:
Alright, you've hammered your point in.

I've no truck in this topic and am merely prolonging the non-existant.  I would, however, like to thank you for confirming just why it is I can't be bothered to subscribe.

Yes, because he is ONE individual posting his opinion in an individual capacity - not site-related in the least. Ergo, the inappropriateness of your "can't be bothered to subscribe" bit is uncalled for.

Apparently, the only correct opinion, in your eyes, is yours. -300 from me.

Have a great evening.

The main, relevant point(s) of the discussion is under consideration by the Site owner.

Milnet.ca Staff

Good news folks!

I have taken your feedback into consideration, and have implemented a 'protected MilPoints' system. The balance you see won't change, but any points you purchase can't be taken away by another user assessing your posts.

For those who want to understand the inner workings:

• MilPoints earned by normal means are added to your "regular" balance
  • All purchased MilPoints are added to a "protected" balance
  • The balance you see and use shows the total of your "regular" and "protected" MilPoints
  • MilPoints deducted when another user assesses your posts will never be removed from your protected balance
  • MilPoints spent on anything else will be deducted from your protected balance first; when your protected balance is gone, points will be deducted from your regular balance
  • If you spend more points than you have in your protected balance, your protected balance will be set to zero, and any remainder will be deducted from your regular balance
  • If your regular balance goes negative while you have a protected balance, only your protected balance will be shown
  • As soon as your protected balance hits zero, your regular (negative) balance will be shown again

If you find that confusing, join the club. ;) I had to draw out all the possible combinations and check them carefully to make sure the new system made sense... I believe it does, but if anyone has questions or finds a flaw in the logic, please let me know.

Thanks again for the useful feedback,

Cheers
Mike

That makes sense to me, thanks for the change Mike!

Has anyone else had this happen to them.

I was on facebook and heard about this Afghan Operations game. I decided to check it out. While playing this weekend I decided to register as an Army.ca member so that I might recieve that 50% daily bonus. Once I registered on army.ca and linked the accounts, I had my previous Milpoint balance erased! 3000+ points gone! Is there anyway to reclaim them?

Hi psionic... thanks for playing!

The issue you hit is expected in that the points you accrue under your Facebook account aren't automatically moved over to your Army.ca account. I guess I assumed most people would link right away, but I can see that's not always the case. I'll see what I can do about fixing that, but in the mean time, I've manually moved your MilPoints over to your account here... you should be all set!

Let me know if you have any problems.

Cheers
Mike

Thanks Mike!

Now to find a faster way to earn combat readiness points.... ;)

psionic0 said:
Thanks Mike!

Great customer service and he still complains.... ;D

psionic0 said:
Thanks Mike!

Daily challenges.....daily challenges.......and make some friends here, nudge nudge wink wink

Im guessing that daily challenges will be something I'll see later in levels?

psionic0 said:
Im guessing that daily challenges will be something I'll see later in levels?

No you should see them right now just below your morale bar.

I must be looking in the wrong spot. All I see so far is various medal objectives. Is there a different tab I should be in to see these? I was in the AOR tab.

Back