• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C Scott R‘s

H

Harry

Just caught the back side of the news.

Am I correct that a Sgt died at a mess function resulting from an assualt?

Not to be a rectile penile tissue, but if this is fact, what absolute urine poor timing.

This will effectively wipe the corporate memory slate and cause a new negative media frenzy.

Please tell me I misunderstood...

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/story.asp?id={ACEFDC67-E13C-448D-8521-F20DE77F815A}

The news article paints a pretty ugly picture of the CF . . . at least from the perspective of the neighboring community.

The news report was scant. Any idea of what really happened? And how the **** did a punch-up at the Mess get so ****ed-up?

Gent‘s as the matter is still under investigation, it would not be prudent to begin discussing the matter on a public site.
It has already ended one soldier‘s life and will probably make another‘s extremely difficult. Suffice it to say, that it‘s time Snr NCO‘s started acting the part instead of carousing about like Pte‘s at a smoker.

Noneck makes a good point. Indeed, my questions were pretty much rhetorical, although based in general curiosity.

That being said, if anyone wants to discuss this in private or knows anything of the legalities (my particular area of interest these days) being discussed, I do have an email address.

I‘m very familiar with this situation.....I was one of the responding MP‘s. Again, protocol dictates that I can‘t discuss details on the actual incident but I can agree with comments on this post. Senior NCO‘s and officers better give their heads a shake. Senior NCO‘s mess still open at 4 in the morning with alcohol prevelent.............................this one‘s going to go down large gentlemen.............

:cdn:

Of all people who can‘t say anything, you would be it!

What might be interesting, if permitted, would be a discussion of the co-operation that must occur between your team and the city police and/or RCMP in such a situation.

I doubt it, but I wouldn‘t be shocked if they get disbanded.
:evil:

rceme_rat, we were the first on scene followed by Victoria City Police as they had been called for a disturbance from the neigbours across the street. VCP was cleared by us as the building was/is our jurisdiction, however, once the gravity of the situation was ascertained, the NIS and RCMP were notified and are conducting a joint investigation. Funny though, after we cleared VCP, we end up lodging a subject in their cells!

A little off topic but...

locate.asp

That looks like the Hamilton Armoury!

Are we talking about the James St armoury??................it does look like it.

How different could they possibly be????? Most armouries were built during the wave of such constructions in the first 20 years or so of the last century, were they not? Mewata looks like Minto looks like etc. etc. etc. An armoury is an armoury for heaven‘s sake! Though I must admit Moose Jaw has a cute little one named after Currie, and the one in Yorkton is absolutely precious!

MP -

Thanks for the info. It has always been my impression that the stereotypical police jurisdictional battles on TV were blown out of proportion, if not entirely fictional. You know, the big city detective and the small town cop type thing.

Given the circumstances, I figure there would be a team representing DND, the RCMP and VCP - if only to ensure all the stakeholders that everything is being done properly and that no information is kept hidden.

I will leave it at that and wait to see what results. I‘ve heard nothing from my local network - I went to UVic and have contacts on the Base, but no news is flowing.

I for one am hoping that this turns out to be a tragic accident.

As for the suggestion that a unit could be disbanded, I can only suggest in response that such an action could only go hand-in-hand with a close examination (to say the least) of the unit‘s leadership.

Well If their Mess was open at 0400, where was the Duty WO/Officer. I know when I‘m on Base Duty WO. You live in the mess untill they close. And you all have to remember it was a Res mess dinner. Most SnrNCOs are just still kids. Sorry RecceGuys I know you are like me/ get the pine box off your backs(HAHA). I‘ve had Res SnrNCOs upfor training with 4/5 yrs in. At age 24/25 yrs still just a kid.
Its like not, we‘ve had yng soldiers with only a yr in on a JNCO course and then promoted to MCPL. Damn the‘re just out of TQ 3.
Recceguys are you coming to Pet? I was to be the Course WO for the QL4 Recce. But due to posting no.
I‘ll fill you in.
Sgt J Cd,CDS com

Recce41, your question about where the duty WO/officer was is a valid question. From what i‘ve heard, and again I can‘t go into detail, the unit CO can auhorize a mess to stay open past the 200 am last call. Also, the RSM was there, so who policies the senior NCOs?? So you guys can see there are several issues at hand here. Perfect example of "leading by example"

Back