• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C7 sights: Optical & Iron

For the C7, which would you prefer: Elcan C79 or Iron Sight attachment?

• Doesn't matter

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • C79

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters
BOTH, "stuff" breaks, Optics are great but turds happen and stuff can break, Iron sights are always necessary, optics optional. should I say GOOD IRON SIGHTS.  to this I would use as an example standard AK vs. something like the M14 or M16A2 series.  M16A1 sights ain't bad either. The AK will do the job for any 3rd world teenager.  But a well train individual with a M14/M16A2 is a ture weapon system.

Pretty tough to put a set of Iron sights out of action. A good set of iton sights will bring down any target you can see on todays battle frield.  Lets remember optics where rare as hens teeth before the mid 1940's.

Optics have thier place, every rifle and MG should have them, but Iron sights should still be there too, and the man behind them should be able to use both equally.

I own a ACOG 4x32 and wouldn't trade it off for anything.  rock solid optics, in my opinion.  Just glad I got it way before they got spendy.  Ten plus years old and still holds zero, still as clear and criisp as the day I bought it new. screw batteries, Tritium rules  ;D  Still glowing strong after 10 years.

I wonder what the number of these made are, any one wanna share serial numbers?  I think the US should adopt this as the standard M16 / M4 scope along side the Aimpoiont DOT sights, both have thier place uses.  Wish they had money for both.

My name is Pappy and I approve this message.

damn are the elections over yet?

oops, and one other thing..... EVERY set of iron sights, pistol, rifle, MG should be lit with tritium, screw the expense.  If you can't see your sights at night your toast.  yeah yeah everyone gets issued night vision and all the batteries they suck down right?  and they never break right?

rant off

Back