• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C7A2 Opinions ??

Mister Donut said:
Last year, I reached out to 500m for the first time ever, and it my astonishment, not only did all rounds land on paper, some of them even landed in the bull, and I'm a terrible shot with bad eyes and shaky hands.  Federal government rifle, federal government ammo, right off the rack.  I'm pretty sure there wouldn't have been a hope in hell of doing that with my Norinco CQA or M305 at the time.

We used to shoot 500mtr serials in competition all the time. That was also before we had Elcans, so it was done with iron sights.

Our service rifle is more than capable of doing it on a daily basis.

recceguy said:
We used to shoot 500mtr serials in competition all the time. That was also before we had Elcans, so it was done with iron sights.

Our service rifle is more than capable of doing it on a daily basis.

I have to admit, it was a pretty good feeling, to have my 500m cherry popped with this rifle.  Before that, the furthest I'd ever shot was 200m (max range of the public range), and even then, I had trouble.  The groupings with my Norc M14 were atrocious (the size of a pie plate), but I've been told that was mostly user error as the Norc M14 has been known to be pretty capable.

500m with iron sights is really impressive, at least to me.  There's no way I could hit the broad side of a barn at 500m with irons.  Even through the Elcan, the target sheet was a burry white dot for me.  I've since had laser eye surgery though, so maybe I'll be able to see better the next time I'm out.  Anyway, that competition really sold me on Colt Canada rifles and I just had to have one of my own.

I'm pretty sure with more magnification and sandbags (compensation for my poor marksmanship), I could probably produce a decent group with the C7 at 500m.

Mister Donut said:
I have to admit, it was a pretty good feeling, to have my 500m cherry popped with this rifle.  Before that, the furthest I'd ever shot was 200m (max range of the public range), and even then, I had trouble.  The groupings with my Norc M14 were atrocious (the size of a pie plate), but I've been told that was mostly user error as the Norc M14 has been known to be pretty capable.

500m with iron sights is really impressive, at least to me.  There's no way I could hit the broad side of a barn at 500m with irons.  Even through the Elcan, the target sheet was a burry white dot for me.  I've since had laser eye surgery though, so maybe I'll be able to see better the next time I'm out.  Anyway, that competition really sold me on Colt Canada rifles and I just had to have one of my own.

I'm pretty sure with more magnification and sandbags (compensation for my poor marksmanship), I could probably produce a decent group with the C7 at 500m.

I see you're in 39 Svc Bn.

You may not know it but there have been a few national/ international level shooters produced by that unit over the years.

Maybe you should go for it?

recceguy said:
Most wear and tear on our guns, especially personal ones, is caused by constantly taking them apart and putting them back together.

Not from shooting them.

Concur. It was an issue with the FNC1A1 and any other weapon we have or had.

Run downs from 600m lugging a C2 and two full bras strapped on in Wainwright heat with a Jack Daniel's hangover... And we were thankful.

daftandbarmy said:
I see you're in 39 Svc Bn.

You may not know it but there have been a few national/ international level shooters produced by that unit over the years.

Maybe you should go for it?

Ah yes, we have a legend from our unit and a few legends from our sister unit on the island.....I tried out last year and was eliminated at the Blair shoot.  I think placed 49th overall when they were looking for the top 20, so not even close.  I'll need a lot more practice and I could probably stand to lose a few pounds as well.  I learned a lot and had loads of fun though.

Kat Stevens said:
Run downs from 600m lugging a C2 and two full bras strapped on in Wainwright heat with a Jack Daniel's hangover... And we were thankful.

Two bras? Okay one for the mags I get, the other, well we really don't want to hear about your Jack Daniels inspired cross dressing fettish here.  8)

Danjanou said:
Two bras? Okay one for the mags I get, the other, well we really don't want to hear about your Jack Daniels inspired cross dressing fettish here.  8)

Someone thought it was "good training" to hump the extra weight up and down the range in 40 degree heat in prep for the Bde small arms competition.  The one in RV 81 was even worse, 40 degrees and 170% humidity. And don't tell me you don't have one of those cool Mo Litia superhero rifle, helmet, boots, and boxers pictures around somewhere.

Kat Stevens said:
Someone thought it was "good training" to hump the extra weight up and down the range in 40 degree heat in prep for the Bde small arms competition.  The one in RV 81 was even worse, 40 degrees and 170% humidity. And don't tell me you don't have one of those cool Mo Litia superhero rifle, helmet, boots, and boxers pictures around somewhere.

There's at least one LCol who is afraid of photos I have of him as a 2Lt.  His hardnosed, hard-assed reputation might suffer if the pictures of him in the field with his teddy bear ever show up...

Brihard said:
"Make sure you use a cleaning rod to scrape the crown on the inside of the flash suppressor! I want to see that ring silver!"

I lose my effing mind.

What?  So your not supposed to get the flash suppressor off with a giant wrench and 4 people jumping on it to scrape out the carbon?  ???

Kat Stevens said:

More than one I'm sure. Probably even wearing a CT bra in it. 8)

Mister Donut said:
Ah yes, we have a legend from our unit and a few legends from our sister unit on the island.....I tried out last year and was eliminated at the Blair shoot.  I think placed 49th overall when they were looking for the top 20, so not even close.  I'll need a lot more practice and I could probably stand to lose a few pounds as well.  I learned a lot and had loads of fun though.

Keep at it, buds. My trip to Bisley last year was a life changer. Keep after Capt. Rogal for training, and we'll get you out to the big shoots, too.

On the note of C7A2s, with the exception of the Dutch C7 IUR thingy, at all the big shoots I've been to, most other nations look at our rifles with envy. It's a good weight, and when maintained to schedule, is accurate and reliable as a Swiss clock.

Back