• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadet Field Gear

• Thread starter MCplNewGuyEnTown
  • Start date
M

MCplNewGuyEnTown

:cdn: i am in dire need of cadet field gear, such as webbing (harness), combat boots, 4 seaons jacket, field hat, ruck, etc. I have checked a few websites but am not sure on what to purchase. I would like the best equipment (new or used) and have MONEY to spend but am always looking out for the best offers.

Don't go overboard like most cadet surplus enthusiasts do, a lot of the stuff you will not use a whole lot, and say to yourself somewhere down the line, why did I buy this? It happened to me, it will most likely happen to you, just a friendly heads up :)

I've ordered my military gear from:

www.wheelersonline.com (Canadian Peacekeeper is great for supplies, They have Olive Drab gear to match your combats)

www.sealsactiongear.com (Another great outfitter I've ordered from)

I have ordered CADPAT kit pieces from here and they are durable and well worth your money. Hope this helps!

P.S
Canadian Peacekeeper is in canadian funds, so don't worry about conversions.

I agree with MikeM. Don't overload with anything you don't need. Why, exactly, would you need webbing anyway? Granted, is it practical, but I don't think you'll ever have the need for it in cadets.

Agreed, don't buy too much, I have a buddy who went out and bought most of the reg force kit, spent over $475 for it, and he hardly uses it. All you really need are combats and maybe a 4 season jacket. Webbing is iffy. I have it and use it on my bushes, but some people hardly use it. For the ruck, it'd be better if you got a civi backpack from a good store. It'll carry more , last longer and you won't look like an idiot if you have it in civi life too.

Noyon said:
I've ordered my military gear from:

www.wheelersonline.com (Canadian Peacekeeper is great for supplies, They have Olive Drab gear to match your combats)

www.sealsactiongear.com (Another great outfitter I've ordered from)

I have ordered CADPAT kit pieces from here and they are durable and well worth your money. Hope this helps!

P.S
Canadian Peacekeeper is in canadian funds, so don't worry about conversions.

Stick to a army surplus. the www.sealsactiongear.com is way over priced.    Just ask the senior people in your corp on what they use every ex and go from there. :warstory:

www.sealsactiongear.com may be pricey, but its quality goods from my experiance.

Although just one tip, if your going to purchase gear from an army surplus store make sure its quality. Its buyer beware from those stores sometimes. I checked out my local army surplus awhile back looking for a CADPAT camelback and the chick hadn't even heard of a camelback before.

None the less I ordered one from Canadian Peacekeeper.

Seals action gear may be good quality, I have no experience with it, but they're asking $50 for American style BDU's. I can get Canadian issue stuff, brand new for half that!

better if you got a civi backpack from a good store

I got a 70L Asolo Encounter pack from Coast Mountain Sports. Because it was last years model I got $150!!! off. It was $149.99. I went on a 12k in 12k out hike with my friends, and its an exeptional pack.

All you need besides combats is an FMP. That's it. If you go on a bush ex and find yourself needing to carry something more than the multiple pockets you already have allow, then maybe get a simple set of webbing (I never needed it back when I was a cadet). The already mentioned civy backpack actually works better though as it's more versatile, but some people need to feel hardcore   ::).

Start with the basics and add only as needed. If you go out and buy lots to start off with, you'll find that most of it was a waste of money and only makes you look like a wannabe (though some like this look for reasons I can't comprehend).

Try www.cancav.com for all your cadet needs.   This clothing has been endoursed by the RCACC.

Why bother with hodge-podge CADPAT, OD and crap gear.  Why not wear your own gear (ie distinctly Army Cadet) and then have no worries about looking out of place.

Links not working, and anyway, all that crap is american. The "digital camoflage" is MARPAT! I'd rather be in OD's any day of the week. And you would look more out of place since most Cadets would wear OD, not MARPAT.

http://www.cancav.com/category.aspx?categoryid=3&openid=3

Link to part of the site, you can get to the rest. See my above post as to my opinion about this stuff.

CanCav is terrible, stick to surplus and canadianpeacekeeper.

Zoomie said:
Try www.cancav.com for all your cadet needs.   This clothing has been endoursed by the RCACC.

Why bother with hodge-podge CADPAT, OD and crap gear.   Why not wear your own gear (ie distinctly Army Cadet) and then have no worries about looking out of place.

How is MARPAT like clothing endorsed by the RCACC? You would look very out of place if you used any of that stuff on a FTEx.

hey there this place is way to american look at this

http://www.cancav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=47&categoryid=3&startpage=1

at the top of the bag it clearly says US. hmmm? but at the top of the bage theres a canadain flag, honestly this place is a paradox and it sickens me

besides why not stay local ?

cheers

Alex

That bag is also not worth $135.

Exactly, stick to Canadian stores and Canadian products.

Why go out and buy hundreds of dollars of equipment just to use in cadets for, at max, 7 years? Many cadets (including myself) will go into reserves or reg. force, then what are you going to do with all that kit you bought? you will be issued with all that stuff anyway.

if you're going to buy anything, go with things that you can also use in civ. life (ex. hiking, backpacking)

keep this in mind.

thanks,
calno

Back