• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Bagpipe Bag cover

RHFC_piper

Reaction score
I just got my gear back from Petawawa, and while I was there I ordered a batch of TW CADPAT bag covers for any pipers who are interested.
They're not made yet, but I want to see who all would be interested.

The first order is limited, as I've ordered 15 and my regiments band gets first dibs, but if enough people are interested I will order more.  I figure the band will only want ten or so, so five or more may be up for grabs.  SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY.  If I have to order more, I will, but I need poeple who are seriously interested and wont leave me holding the bill.

The price will be around $60-$65 for the set, plus shipping.

I may be able to get them for less depending on the amount I order, and how long they take to make.  I will be contacting the maker sometime next week to see how things are going and work out details.

Anyway, here are some pics of the cover I took to Afghanistan.  The covers I'm having made are identical in build but TW (Green) CADPAT.
TanBagpipe01.jpg

Note: there are no 'frills' on the edges... tactical.. heh

TanBagpipe03.jpg

The Bags Covers are designed to suit Medium to Large bags (more on the large size), and have a zippered bottom and velcro end to allow for easy removal of the bag.

TanBagpipe05.jpg

The Stock and chanter sleeves are well made and edged for durability... again, no frills.

TanBagpipe04.jpg

The Pipe Ribbons have velcro to attach them to the drones and cords for easy removal.
I suggest getting black, brown or olive cords for field pipes.

TanBagpipe06.jpg

Price includes Bag Cover and Ribbons.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED:  Send me a PM and I'll get back to you with details.
I have a PAYPAL account, so I figure that'll be a good way to go. But I'm pretty open to different payment options.
(besides, if you stiff me, I'll just slag you on the forums... heh.. j/k... or am I...)

I will be updating the info for the order here every once in a while.

And if you're interested in the Cover in Arid CADPAT, I might be able to get some made, but they'll be a little extra.

Well, there it is.  Hoorah combat pipers.

I never thought I'd see that. Nice. Gives your pipes a nice touch.
You should send pics to all the PipeMajors in the regiments across canada, You could make your self a pritty penny.

Wow, I didn't know they made those!

As a piper myself, I'm interested, but my Gr. 4 band all uses the same bag covers, and I don't think I'd be able to use it all that much. They sure are cool though!

I'd be in for one. im a drummer, but me bro is a piper. we both play with the 49th Bn pipes and drums, a reproduction pipe band of the 49ths in ww1. we wear ww1 pattern uniforms, and are all serving army dudes. that cover would rock for our less cermonial gigs that we do.

RHFC_piper said:
I just got my gear back from Petawawa, and while I was there I ordered a batch of TW CADPAT bag covers for any pipers who are interested.
They're not made yet, but I want to see who all would be interested.

The first order is limited, as I've ordered 15 and my regiments band gets first dibs, but if enough people are interested I will order more.  I figure the band will only want ten or so, so five or more may be up for grabs.  SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY.  If I have to order more, I will, but I need poeple who are seriously interested and wont leave me holding the bill.

The price will be around $60-$65 for the set, plus shipping.

I may be able to get them for less depending on the amount I order, and how long they take to make.  I will be contacting the maker sometime next week to see how things are going and work out details.

Anyway, here are some pics of the cover I took to Afghanistan.  The covers I'm having made are identical in build but TW (Green) CADPAT.

Note: there are no 'frills' on the edges... tactical.. heh

The Bags Covers are designed to suit Medium to Large bags (more on the large size), and have a zippered bottom and velcro end to allow for easy removal of the bag.

The Stock and chanter sleeves are well made and edged for durability... again, no frills.

The Pipe Ribbons have velcro to attach them to the drones and cords for easy removal.
I suggest getting black, brown or olive cords for field pipes.

Price includes Bag Cover and Ribbons.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED:  Send me a PM and I'll get back to you with details.
I have a PAYPAL account, so I figure that'll be a good way to go. But I'm pretty open to different payment options.
(besides, if you stiff me, I'll just slag you on the forums... heh.. j/k... or am I...)

I will be updating the info for the order here every once in a while.

And if you're interested in the Cover in Arid CADPAT, I might be able to get some made, but they'll be a little extra.

Well, there it is.  Hoorah combat pipers.

(Edited by Moderator to remove photo links in quoted post.)

UPDATE

TW CADPAT Bag Covers are ready.

Currently I have 11 for sale (already sold a few), and I can always have more made.

The cost will be $60 CDN plus shipping.  I will try to set up shipping as cheaply and effectively as possible and will go with buyers preferred shipping (if you would like it shipped overnight)

As for payment; message me or email to discuss method.  I do have a paypal account, and I have no problems with personal cheques. Items will only be shipped after payment is recieved.

Officially, these covers are being sold through the Regimental Kitshop of the Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada, so a receipt reflecting that will be attached to the order. 

Now for the details of the bag covers:
TWCADPAT01.jpg

They're the same as the first AR CADPAT ones I posted previously, but are improved slightly.
The entire cover is now trimed to improve durability, and it gives it a nice look. The zippers are also stitched in much better.

TWCADPAT02.jpg

The TW CADPAT material is normally used to make bag, pouches and backpacks so it has a rubber coating on the interior... doesn't add much to the weight, but makes it much more durable.. and water-proof... heh..

TWCADPAT03.jpg

As with the AR Bag Covers, they're one size fits all, and were designed based on a medium/large bag cover (mine) and they fit perfectly.

I don't have any AR CADPAT bags right now, but if requested I can have them made. Just let me know.

If I run out, I can have more made anytime, it'll just take longer to get to you.

Cheers :cheers:

Just wanted to give this a little bump.

I still have a few of these left.

Cheers :cheers:

Recieved mine on time, Cover is great quality, Looks Outstanding, got lots of rave reviews and compliments on new years eve.

RHFC_piper is G2G for stuff.

People have been asking for dimensions,  So here they are;

I included pictures so you all know where I'm measuring, since it's not exactly an 'even' shape.

IMGP1602.jpg

Length of Bag Cover: 32 in.
(I know it looks like I don't know how to measure, re: tape measure not quite at end of cover, but I did measure it properly... trust me  ;D)

IMGP1611.jpg

Width at widest point: 12 1/2 in.
(same as above... I'm not 'measure-stupid'... just the normal kind  ;D)

I hope this helps.

I know this is a loooooooooong shot, but anyone know if RHFC_piper is still making/selling these?

Piper said:
I know this is a loooooooooong shot, but anyone know if RHFC_piper is still making/selling these?

I still have a couple kicking around (TW CADPAT) and can have more made, but you can also order them online... I'm at work, so I can't digg up the website right now, but I'll PM you with it later today. They're roughly the same price either way.

Okay... I'm home now... so here's the link: http://www.armedadvantage.ca/equipment/product1.html

These are made by the same person who made mine.

:piper:

Awesome, thanks a bunch.

Edit: do they come with all the bells and whistles (tassels etc)?

Piper said:
Awesome, thanks a bunch.

Edit: do they come with all the bells and whistles (tassels etc)?

I don't know about the ones from armedadvatage.ca, but the ones I have come with ribbons (for the drone cords)... but not the cords.  I have an old set of brown/black cords for the field.

RHFC_piper said:
I don't know about the ones from armedadvatage.ca, but the ones I have come with ribbons (for the drone cords)... but not the cords.  I have an old set of brown/black cords for the field.

I'd prefer to get the ribbons (I've got black cards hanging around somewhere). And I'd rather enrich the account of a fellow piper such as yourself if it's an option.

How much and how do you want payment?

I know I'm only like 11 years late, but do you still happen to have or be able to order more covers?

poiuytrewq1354 said:
I know I'm only like 11 years late, but do you still happen to have or be able to order more covers?
The member hasn’t been on since Sept last year. However, if you send the member a private message here on the site, if he has his profile set to do it, the private message will generate an email notification to him, which might allow you to initiate contact.

Jayson here and if anyone is still interested, let me know as I can put some together using the same CADPAT fabric or many other types of camo fabric. Let me know.

jaYson

Back