• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT desktop?

ouyin2000

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm looking for a desktop wallpaper size image of CADPAT. Not a picture of any specific part, just a generic image of the pattern.

I've already tried the forum search, as well as the official army pages, and the CTS pages, and google only give me a small size image, which I have been trying to expand, but making it look like one fluid pattern, rather than a cut and paste job is getting quite tedious.

Any suggestions?

Save the small image first of all.

Open it in paint, right click and save it as desktop. if its simply small and centered, go to your desktop options and change the setting for Wallpaper to "Tiled".

It works well enough.

How's this?

http://www.mcaroy.com/camo/cadpat001.JPG

Nope.  Just did a google image search for "cadpat" and it was the third picture that came up.

I've come up with the same image, and it isn't quite what i'm looking for.

Here's a bit more detail about why.

I'm looking for an image large enough, and clear enough, as I am trying to edit some of the vehicles on Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam into a CADPAT type of camo. The images (that one included) I have already come up with are just not the right size or texture.

Here's what I have so far.

CADPATproject.jpg

If I understand correctly, you have a small sample of cadpat and you want a larger piece to work with.  Create a new file the size you want in paint, open your piece in paint, and copy, paste it into the large image, and keep doing this still its full, you can copy a smaller selection to fill in the sides and bottoms. 

I hope that works for you, it should.

Gubb

I have tried the typical Copy and Paste technique, but that always turns out flawed and the pattern is obviously choppy.

I would prefer a larger, smooth image.

What are the dimensions you are looking to achieve (pixels)?
Do you have Photoshop?

Edit: NVM, I re-read your first post...stupid me

For your purpose.. wouldnt it be easiest to vectorize a scan of CADPAT... therfore removing the material texture and enabling easy tileing...

If you have not the knowledge to do that.. maybe someone could make a straight on scan of the material (my cadpat is faded.. else I would do it) and I could probally whip you up a laaarge scale image

Yes I have photoshop, but i'm still getting used to it (I just have a 30 day trial version)

And I would scan mine, but they're also faded, albeit not that badly, and also, I don't have a scanner.

Problomatic.

Well, one can hope that there is SOMEONE out there with a unfaded set and a scanner.

Sorry, I can't find mine - I used to have one that I used on all my powerpoints...

I took the "neck flap thingy" from my Boonie Hat when it was brand new, and layed it out real flat with a textbook on it until the creases went away.  Then I scanned it.

It's dark enough that on a PPT slideshow - yellow text shows up real well, and it's not too distracting.

Usually when the rest of the uni is faded, that flap is still nice and dark - few people ever let them see the light of day.

tlm.

Possibly to solve this, scan a faded peice, vectorize it, adjust the hue/saturation levels(hopefully counteracting most of the fading without much distortion of colours), and also hit up the brightness/contrast(to fine tune).

Just throwing around idea's...

Well I managed to find a decent image to use, but it does look kind of unprofessional.

If anyone wants to use it, it can be found here: http://tinypic.com/rwkxn6.jpg

Back